What's new

National moving companies & my big screen TV. Help! (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Well, looks like we'll be moving soon and I'm curious if any of HTFers have been moved recently by a moving company. Who did you use? What special precautions did you take for your equipment? What special precautions did the moving company take? Were you pleased w/ the outcome? Is there anything I need to specify when the companies come out to bid the job?

I have a Tosh 65H80, and like many of you, a bunch of other nice equipment that I'm pretty particular about. This is stressing me out already. Any advice would be appreciated.

Peace,

DM

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Make sure you ask the mover for full insurance replacement coverage on any damaged or destroyed items...If you only select the standard coverage which pays for damage by so much per lb, it will not even cover the cost of sales tax on your RPTV if it is destroyed like mine was on a move late last year..
Also make sure you take all your receipts and any other important documents with you personally..Do not pack them in a box and let the mover take them...This holds true for family photo's which can never be replace no matter what the insurance coverage is..

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Great Mike, I'm headed to your state. ;)
Thanks for the heads up. What happened and who did you use?
Peace,
DM

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Dave..
I used North American Van lines..They are actually pretty good..It was a local move...They dropped my TW56X81....They did pay in full, no questions asked....They paid what I orginally paid for it 2 and a half years ago and of course price have come down a bit..I replaced it with a Mits set..Good luck with the move..What part of Florida you heading to?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I get all the major neworks in Orlando plus PAx tv, WB and UPN...
I was born and raised in Fort Myers, Got transfered to Orlando 5 years ago..My folks are still there and so is one of my brothers..
Fort Myers only has Fox for local digital so far..

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
We are looking forward to living there, just not moving. ;)
Sounds like I may need to get a dish.
Peace,
DM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks