What's new

Naked City (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary,
kcxlpk.jpg
:lol:
2u8l5qr.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what Amazon does. Their track record with my past orders where there was a price mistake is good for me. They've not up to this point cancelled an order in that circumstance.

Place your bets.....
2ywyek1.jpg

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The only issue of this nature I ever had with Amazon was when they canceled the Peter Gunn listing at $69.99 and made a brand new listing with a price of $89.99, so my pre-order just changed to "Unavailable." I called to discuss it and they did give me the original price, although they emphasized that they were not required to do so by their pre-order guarantee policy.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
jperez said:
It's back up to $99 on Amazon.
Yep, as of yesterday per Jeff Willis' post #24 on page two of this thread. So now that means both major outlets have corrected their "mistakes" in pricing.

Gary "glad we have multiple eyes and ears here at HTF to keep us up to date on everything - this is the site to read for this kind of news" O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
borisfw said:
I'll be very surprised if Amazon doesn't honor the $25 price . It was their mistake . I've never had an issue with Amazon in the past and I don't expect one on this . Hell , I spend enough money with Amazon .
Hey Boris,

I have never had an issue with the pre-order price as it was always honor. I was surprised with the price being so low, so I scooped it up.

Amazon is only human as such mistakes can happen!

I am looking forward to this show as I heard the Naked City was very well done!! I just hope 12 O clock high comes out as it is another series I would love to have in my collection!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I was curious about this Amazon pre-order policy, haven't read it in a long time.

Here's the paragraph from Amazon's site that pertains to this current thread discussion:
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. The price charged when we ship the item will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time the order was placed and the end of the day on the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
The part that I wonder about is the sentence containing the "between" word.

I was wondering if that might be considered by Amazon as a loophole. If the word was "at" (at the time of the order vs between), it would be clearer to me.

As some here have mentioned, they've honored similar pricing issues in the past with most pre-orders. All of mine have been in that category.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I
Jeff Willis said:
I was curious about this Amazon pre-order policy, haven't read it in a long time.

Here's the paragraph from Amazon's site that pertains to this current thread discussion:

The part that I wonder about is the sentence containing the "between" word.

I was wondering if that might be considered by Amazon as a loophole. If the word was "at" (at the time of the order vs between), it would be clearer to me.

As some here have mentioned, they've honored similar pricing issues in the past with most pre-orders. All of mine have been in that category.
I have only see my -pre-order price go down and never up. The only loop hole I could see happen if the order can not be filled then they may say it is no longer available from the supplier as such amazon may suggest to cancel your order. I have had that issue in past, but that is a rarity then the norm!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I expect Amazon to honor the $25.48 orders. They certainly can't unilaterally raise the price on those orders without the customer's consent. If they were going to cancel those orders, I believe that they would have done so by now.

I imagine that what happened is Amazon was scanning competitors' prices and made an automatic price adjustment when Walmart's price was found. Walmart says that my order is being processed and that it will be delivered on 11/8. We'll see.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
This will be interesting to see how this all plays the end. My listing is still available at that very low price from last weekend at my Amazon page. The set is to be released in a week. Stay tuned!!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have read some of the information on the Naked City and appears to have some very excellent actors such as Jack Klugman, Robert Duval, Peter Falk, etc. One of the reason I like old TV is that you get to see starting point for many of the great actors that dominated the movie scenes in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I ordered from Walmart and, like Rich, mine still shows the order being processed. I'll be disappointed in Walmart cancels my order, but I'll understand since this was clearly a mess up from the get go. However Amazon customers should have a right to expect their $25 order to be filled as Amazon made a conscious decision to price match and I believe they should be held to that price as noone forced them to change their pricing. They chose themselves to offer a 85%+ discount after having a higher price before. Even if this was triggered by an auto search of competitor pricing, Amazon has got to have a control in place that would kick out a report that shows these adjustments. It shouldn't have taken someone several days to notice a $170 discount or whatever it was. As far as I know, no other e-tailer lowered their price.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Pre-ordered my Naked City back in May at the original price. Just checked my order, and they apparently matched the Walmart snafu price, and as of this day, apparently intend to honor the low price.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
younger1968 said:
I have read some of the information on the Naked City and appears to have some very excellent actors such as Jack Klugman, Robert Duval, Peter Falk, etc. One of the reason I like old TV is that you get to see starting point for many of the great actors that dominated the movie scenes in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
And Dustin Hoffman was in the very last episode, "Barefoot on a Bed of Coals," first shown May 29, 1963.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
My Wal-Mart order still says processing. I hope it goes through at the lower price. The bonus with Wal-Mart is it's also free shipping! I guess we'll find out soon enough. I bought all the previous DVDs and got hooked on the show, so looking forward to the whole series.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
My order with Walmart is also processing at the lower price. If it goes through, fine, if not, que sera sera.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I'm showing a Nov 14-Nov 16 delivery by Wal-Mart so it will probably not ship until around 8-9 Nov...so I wouldn't expect a change of order status until about that time.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I received an email today from Walmart indicating that my order had shipped, and should arrive next week. The email specified that this is the complete series.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
davidHartzog said:
I received an email today from Walmart indicating that my order had shipped, and should arrive next week. The email specified that this is the complete series.
Same here. Mine shipped today...the complete series at the low price.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Same here. Mine shipped today...the complete series at the low price.
Me too. It's still hard to believe it will actually be the entire series box, but I guess we'll know in a few days. Can always return it to a Walmart store for a refund if it turns out to be a smaller set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks