What's new

N38II's (1 Viewer)

MikeDep

Auditioning
I was going to buy the JBL N38II's for stereo speakers to compliment my fnished HT....but I dont know number one, how good they will sound coming from a Reciever that only puts out a 100 watts per channel, and hooked up through the B-Channel....any thoughts

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
the n38IIs are actually more sensative than the smaller bookshelf speakers in the N-series from jbl (n24 and n26, they are equal in sensativity to the n28s) so compared to some other N-series they will be louder with that reciever. also, the sound quality of the N-series is makes it probably the best budget priced speaker lines out there. if Phil I is around he can tell you more about the SQ, but i use n24s and n26s with a 70w/channel onkyo reciever and i love the sound.

MikeDep

Auditioning
then what do you suggest from JBL to knock things off the wall....

my sub sounds horrible with music :frowning:

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but it only goes down to 25hz, so for HT you're missing out on ALOT of information! With that much power they could have used an LT to get the F3 on down around 20hz w/ plenty of power in reserve...

Looks like the kind of product people buy who don't really know what they're buying and think "1000 watts? must be good!"

MikeDep

Auditioning
my current sub only goes down to 50 hhz
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
you are missing a whole bunch if your current sub only goes to 50hz.

like a whole lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks