What's new

My Three Sons: I Want a Complete Box Set (1 Viewer)

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
His health was failing. He probably wouldn't have been able to remain on the show much longer, unfortunately.

Yes. I had a late friend who told me of visiting the "My Three Sons" set when one of Frawley's last episodes was being filmed. He told me that Frawley was struggling badly with his lines and direction, and he found it pretty uncomfortable to witness.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Yes. I had a late friend who told me of visiting the "My Three Sons" set when one of Frawley's last episodes was being filmed. He told me that Frawley was struggling badly with his lines and direction, and he found it pretty uncomfortable to witness.
Thats why his reaction to his being replaced is normal = he had grown fond of the cast I do not know if he had family other than his castmates

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Of course, he didn't want to be replaced at all, but my original point was that he especially didn't want to be replaced by Demarest, someone he intensely disliked.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Frawley had a soft spot for the boys, especially Stan Livingston (Chip) who has said that Frawley was his surrogate grandfather. Stan tells a story about how he wanted a surfboard for his birthday - not one of the mass produced ones from a department store, but a handmade one from one of the surf shacks on Venice Beach. Frawley gave him one, and Stan found out that Frawley went down to Venice Beach (kind of a crazy scene) and bought it himself rather than sending someone.

Frawley kept coming to the set after he was forced into retirement to watch filming. He would sit there and make nasty cracks about Demarest, who put up with it for a while. But finally there was a blowup and the producers had to tell Frawley not to come anymore. John Stephens, the line producer, said it was the most difficult thing he went through in his career.

Years later after the show ended, whenever the (grown) boys were interviewed about the show, their eyes would light up if the interviewer asked them about Frawley. Tim Considine said that Frawley liked to grumble a lot, like he did on TV, but that a lot of it was an act to entertain everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks