What's new

My sonosub output levels (1 Viewer)

JoelTW

Stunt Coordinator
I measured my output levels in my 12x12' room :)

These are "corrected" values

100 dB @ 10 Hz
119 dB @ 15 Hz
113 dB @ 25 Hz
103 dB @ 50 Hz
107 dB @ 100 Hz

so do I need a BFD? :)

JoelTW

Stunt Coordinator
Should I do a graph of every 5 Hz? Should I measure 1 meter or from listening position?

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
119dB at 15hz is quite impressive. Your upper bass numbers seem a little lower than the deep bass(35-15hz). You might want to try other spots in the room.

JoelTW

Stunt Coordinator
hehe...yeah, I was wondering how accurate the RS SPL meter was... :b ... I added 20 dB to 15 Hz as suggested by the correction values.

I can't think of another place to put my subwoofer currently, though :frowning:

I'm gonna re-measure it in the corner

A

Anthony_Gomez

I wouldn;t worry about any spot other than the place you are sitting at most.

If you click on my sig file, there are 1/12th octaves tones. If you can generate your own, I'd get measurements with atleasts 1/6th octave to be usefull.

JoelTW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Anthony!

Check out my new graph with all of your test tones... I just remembered those other test tones were not in the corner :b

tell me if I need an EQ :)
Click for graph

A

Anthony_Gomez

NP.

you only have one glaring problem...the suckout at around 37hz. try moving the mic around about 1ft away from the spot the other measurements are at (should be listeneing position). This way we can see if it is a wide area null, or just a localized on.

if the responce is wide area, you may want to experiment with moving the sub around. Have you tried modeling your room on the RRC from the "FRD Consortium"? (google it)

actually, the first thing should be: how does the system sound right now? :) You can almost always benifit from a BFD....but why get one if you are completely happy with how it "sounds"

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
meah i say if you got the money do it. you can pull up that dip along with other ones. also latter on if you get a second sub for stictly music then you can still have it EQed, more the marrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks