What's new

My new HT (1 Viewer)

Mike:Corb

Stunt Coordinator
I just started a HT systme about 3 months ago. This will be going in a dorm suite and then an apartment. I am currently a senior in high school and work and best buy, so I got some pretty good deals on my TV and Klipsch speakers. I have the Sony 27" FS210 TV with the matching silver stand for it. I have HK 225 receiver paired with Klipsh SB-2's as mains, Klipsch SC-1 for a center, and Klipsch SB-1's as surrounds. I also have a pioneer 563A dvd player. Since I work at best buy and get such a huge discount on accessories, I also bought monster cable. I know they are overpriced but with my discoust I have like 70% off and they still do make a good product. Oh and I almost forgot my favorite part, my subwoofer is a HSU STF-2. I am currently working on creating my DVD collection. I started collecting 1 months ago and have about 35 dvds so far. What do you guys think of the system?

I have one more question, my sub is awsome, but it does seem to be making plently of port noise? Is this just expected when reproducing certain frequencys, or do I have it turned wrong or what. I am fairly knowledgable in electronics and computers but I am not sure how to properly tune the speakers and sub. Right now it is crossed over at 80htz. Any reccomendations?

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Get a SPL meter and avia or Video Essentials and properly calibrate you system. Sounds like you have a very good system thus far.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a great system especially for a high school young adult. When I was a senior I had a B&W t.v. and an old radio shack reciver hooked to some old car speakers.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Damn... When I was a HS senior I had a 25" Zenith TV and an Admiral VHS-VCR. You lucky dog. (This is what happens when you spend all your money on motorcycles...bad HT).

My Recommendations:

1.Definatley buy a set-up disk. I use Sound & Vision tune up and I like it. Its cheap too.

2.I recommend not collecting DVDs (Heresy I know) but instead renting them (Netflix baby!) and spending more $$$ on equipment. I have a collection of 300+ DVDs that now I'm selling off, realising that if I didn't buy them I could probably have a FP system by now. And how many times can you really watch half the movies you end up buying just to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks