My new HT pics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tod Gettys, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Tod Gettys

Tod Gettys Auditioning

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Looks good. Nice Setup. [​IMG]
    Jon

3. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

It will wreak havoc with your existing cabling, but what about getting the rack well away from the left speaker so its presence doesn't color the sound of the left main? I think I'd also play with pulling the left and front speaks further forward to see if frequency response can be smoothed further. Rough rules would have you try them 1/9, 1/7, 1/5 of the way into the room. The center is stuck at its location but you can compensate for the unequal distance using the speaker delays of the receiver. No guarantees of better sound come with this, but speaker position has a bigger effect than almost everything else in your sound chain.
    If you have the ability to use a pink noise generator and a FFT display on your computer, it is very interesting to watch the FFT on screen as you move a speaker just a few inches. You can see nasty peaks come and go with just seemingly little moves.
    ------------------
    Guy Kuo
    www.ovationsw.com
    Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

4. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Tod,
    Looks real nice. Your setup looks like it could be my setups brother or something. Very similar looking.
    Stefan Antwarg
    members.home.net/santwarg/ht/ht