What's new

My Lightsaber blew my mind! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Somewhat related, I was working on a lightsaber video of me and my son using LSMAKER and a couple of his toy sabers.

It's pretty cool, but very tedious work. I've yet to add the sound to it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I thought that the battery thing was strange also, Andrew, I think that your onto something with those colors being harder to reproduce effectively in the form of light like they should look.

Gamestop, huh? Didn't consider them, i'll have to give them a call tomorrow, if they have it i'll have the Mace one by this weekend. :)

You've got me wondering the same thing, Jason, athough I think that Big Brother 6 is a good indication of how that would look, but then again they never filmed it in total darkness, either. Hmmm...

Lynda-Marie,
your the first, and most likely last, female i'll ever encounter who want's a Lightsaber LOL, usually it's strictly a guy thing. ;) Glad you liked the pics.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BTW, Dennis, Vader's saber is a reproduction of the one he used in EP V. :emoji_thumbsup:

I would give anything if MR did a Force FX Darth Maul saber!! :eek: It's essentially two saber stuck together end-to-end, so it would probably go for $240.00 maybe? His hilt is also brushed aluminum in appearance rather than chrome-plated, so that would cut down some of the cost I would think.

JordanS

Second Unit
The Limited Editions are amazing. I would love to get Sidious' lightsaber; too bad it is $370.

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
I have #1351 of 3500 of the Count Dooku LE saber hilt.
This thing is a marvel, and has a nice heavy weight.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yes, a MR representative said a Maul Force FX is on the agenda. The Mace sabers were kind of scarce last year, but they are now back on the MR FFX website. I wish Best Buy would get one in, as I have a gift card I could use for it. Doesn't help me at Gamestop.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The hilt-only replicas are very nice, but i'm hooked on these Force FX sabers, it's the closest we'll ever come to that Galaxy Far, Far Away until technology can make real one's. ;)

And now that the Maul saber is coming, I think i'll have to start saving my pennies now. :)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Geek moment:

I once read that, assuming lightsaber blades were a form of plasma, the kind of power required to create a "real" lightsaber would mean the hilt would need to be attached to a power generator the size of a house. So I guess you're very, very right :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
(sigh)Yes, it seems as though Lightsabers are right next to Hoverboards, flying cars and Telepods as cool shit we've seen in movies that we'll never have. :frowning:

Don Black

Screenwriter
Yeah, but they only had the blue and red ones. I think you can get them for $79.99/each on BestBuy.com

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I saw these at the Costco in Austin before Christmas for $59.99 - I actually thought that was high, but I had never seen or heard about these until then. If you have a Costco near by you might want to see if they have any left. Nice thing about Costco too is their amazing return policy should you either not like it or it breaks sometime down the road.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Jerry! :emoji_thumbsup:

Alrighty, I just called Gamestop and sure enough, they have the Mace saber...it shall be mine on Friday! :)

Although, one has to wonder whether or not it could truly be called a replica if it doesn't include the inscription "Bad Mother Fucker" on the hilt like Sammy's had. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I picked up the Mace saber yesterday but I think that it may have a defect in it, the speaker is a bit choppy and static sounding and the volume level isn't as pronounced as the Anakin and Vader sabers, almost as if the sound were coming out of the world's worst transister radio.

I may have to return the Mace saber and exchange it for another, but I have to wait until Gamestop get's more in, I bought the last one they had at that location. I was also considering just dealing with MR themselves, anyone think that this is a good idea, or should I just return it to Gamestop and exchange it?

Other than that, the blade is beautiful and the hilt is a chrome and gold work of art! :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nevermind, guy's, I took it to another Gamestop location and was able to exchange it there, this one's perfect. :emoji_thumbsup:

Although, if I had to critique the Mace saber, and this is true of the one I returned as well, the Mace saber has more "hot spots" along the blade than the Anakin or Vader, probably unavoidable because of the color.

Very cool, though. Next stop...Luke's EP VI Saber next week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks