What's new

My HT. It is almost done. Maybe?! (1 Viewer)

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
My Home Theatre is almost done. I am planning to build a riser for the second row (I just got the second row two weeks ago). I am also planning on doing a concession stand where the "Chasing Amy" poster is in the hallway. It has always been a work in progress, but isn't that what this hobby is all about?

Click on my website or profile button above to check it out.

MikeWh

Second Unit
Congratulations. Very nicely done, Shawn. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

We've had some interest in concession stands around here lately.... I put mine on hold, when I decided to redesign the front of my HT, so I'm still looking for nice implementations. Please keep us posted on that!

MikeWh

Second Unit
Hey! I just noticed--- what'd you do with the front speakers?? I'm planning on doing curtains, very much like yours. If they're behind the curtains, what did you use for the curtains?

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn,

VERYYyyyy NICE! I love the light monochromatic color tone to contrast with the black. A very sharp and professional appearance with clean lines. I really do think it looks great. Nice touch on the Coin Candy dispensers. The addition of a candy counter will be a bonus touch, as well. I see you have Rotel also, just got mine. Have you visited the Club Rotel over at www.htguide.com ? They would be envious of your elegant cinema!

Ryan Witt

Agent
I ask, because I am looking at building a theater 13x19. I think the seats you have are the same model and configuration that I want to put in my theater.

In my configuration, the seats will be centered so that the left and right side have the same traffic space.

I wonder, do you think you would have enough room to get beside your chairs if you had one-foot less space between the side of the seats and the wall?

The traffic beside my seats will be low. Traffic will only be to and from the chairs themselves b/c the theater entrance is in front of the first row.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,
Since your entrance is in the front, I don't think you will have an issue getting by. I have about 2.5' on either side to get by, and I have to pass by every time to get to the front row. I would say go for it! For the money, the Berkline Theatre seats are the best out there. I shopped for about six months before I ordered these. For the price of six Berklines, I would of only got 3 of the others I looked at. Also, as a side note, go with the micro fiber material. Extremely durable, and the soft feel of suede. Great stuff.

Ryan Witt

Agent
Is the micro fiber the same stuff they call "NuSuede"? I saw some with what the dealer called "NuSuede"...I liked it better than the Leather (esp. b/c of the cost!).

Thanks for the input.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan, I believe it is the same stuff. I liked the leather also, but the cost and the durability factor took me to the Micro Fiber. We have had a sofa and love-seat with micro fiber in our family room for about year and looks brand new. Even with my two year old daughter using it as a jungle gym. Are you looking at the same seats or a different brand?
Shawn

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Very nice theater Shawn. I too am very curious to hear you answer to MikeWH's question about the curtians; because once my projector comes, I'll be looking to do the same thing.

Ryan Witt

Agent
They are Berkline's. I'm guessing it's the same fabric. The dealer must have just been calling it something else.

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
On the Berkline chairs the fabric is called Microfiber. Good stuff, however, leather will outlast most fabrics by about 4/1. You will get tired of leather before it wears out. I would recommend a leather that is pigmented for ease of cleaning. I too am probably gonna get the Berkline chairs in my theater.
Shawn, love the new theater! Enjoy.

Scott

WOW very nice, love the seats... I put in a riser in on my second row of seats, made a big difference, no view block at all. Won't let me post pics, so can't show you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks