My HT. It is almost done. Maybe?!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shawn Keeler, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

My Home Theatre is almost done. I am planning to build a riser for the second row (I just got the second row two weeks ago). I am also planning on doing a concession stand where the "Chasing Amy" poster is in the hallway. It has always been a work in progress, but isn't that what this hobby is all about?

Click on my website or profile button above to check it out.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Let me be the first to say it...

Sweeeeet. Very

3. Robert Keeler

Robert Keeler Auditioning

Shawn, Kind of wierd to see your name on things.
    Great job on the HT.
    Robert Keeler

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Can I move in with you?

...I'll be real quiet [​IMG]

5. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Congratulations. Very nicely done, Shawn. [​IMG] [​IMG]

We've had some interest in concession stands around here lately.... I put mine on hold, when I decided to redesign the front of my HT, so I'm still looking for nice implementations. Please keep us posted on that!

6. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Hey! I just noticed--- what'd you do with the front speakers?? I'm planning on doing curtains, very much like yours. If they're behind the curtains, what did you use for the curtains?

7. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Very nice,

You should be very proud...love the color scheme as well!!!!

8. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Shawn,

VERYYyyyy NICE! I love the light monochromatic color tone to contrast with the black. A very sharp and professional appearance with clean lines. I really do think it looks great. Nice touch on the Coin Candy dispensers. The addition of a candy counter will be a bonus touch, as well. I see you have Rotel also, just got mine. Have you visited the Club Rotel over at www.htguide.com ? They would be envious of your elegant cinema!

9. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

How much is admission? Looks very professional. In one word I would say outstanding.

10. Ryan Witt

Ryan Witt Agent

Very nice!! What are the dimensions of your room?

11. Shawn Keeler

The Home Theatre dimensions are 15' 24'.

12. Ryan Witt

Ryan Witt Agent

I ask, because I am looking at building a theater 13x19. I think the seats you have are the same model and configuration that I want to put in my theater.

In my configuration, the seats will be centered so that the left and right side have the same traffic space.

I wonder, do you think you would have enough room to get beside your chairs if you had one-foot less space between the side of the seats and the wall?

The traffic beside my seats will be low. Traffic will only be to and from the chairs themselves b/c the theater entrance is in front of the first row.

13. Shawn Keeler

Ryan,
    Since your entrance is in the front, I don't think you will have an issue getting by. I have about 2.5' on either side to get by, and I have to pass by every time to get to the front row. I would say go for it! For the money, the Berkline Theatre seats are the best out there. I shopped for about six months before I ordered these. For the price of six Berklines, I would of only got 3 of the others I looked at. Also, as a side note, go with the micro fiber material. Extremely durable, and the soft feel of suede. Great stuff.

14. Ryan Witt

Ryan Witt Agent

Is the micro fiber the same stuff they call "NuSuede"? I saw some with what the dealer called "NuSuede"...I liked it better than the Leather (esp. b/c of the cost!).

Thanks for the input.

15. Shawn Keeler

Ryan, I believe it is the same stuff. I liked the leather also, but the cost and the durability factor took me to the Micro Fiber. We have had a sofa and love-seat with micro fiber in our family room for about year and looks brand new. Even with my two year old daughter using it as a jungle gym. Are you looking at the same seats or a different brand?
    Shawn

16. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Very nice theater Shawn. I too am very curious to hear you answer to MikeWH's question about the curtians; because once my projector comes, I'll be looking to do the same thing.

17. Ryan Witt

Ryan Witt Agent

They are Berkline's. I'm guessing it's the same fabric. The dealer must have just been calling it something else.

18. Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker Stunt Coordinator

On the Berkline chairs the fabric is called Microfiber. Good stuff, however, leather will outlast most fabrics by about 4/1. You will get tired of leather before it wears out. I would recommend a leather that is pigmented for ease of cleaning. I too am probably gonna get the Berkline chairs in my theater.
    Shawn, love the new theater! Enjoy.

Scott

19. Randy Laporte

WOW very nice, love the seats... I put in a riser in on my second row of seats, made a big difference, no view block at all. Won't let me post pics, so can't show you.

20. Shawn Keeler

Email me those pics of the riser. I would like to get some ideas.