What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
As the manufacturers begin to buy in you may not have a choice. I fully agree and if I could I would solder all end points but I don't want to be not open minded. If the day comes when wireless works REALLY works we should be open minded and with true and tried results we should move forward. Part of my equipment is yes Size does matter. Large amps and Large speakers and firehouse guage speaker wire. It is all part of the fun of developing new and improved equipment.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks Brian & Bob!

No way wireless speakers take the place of wired speakers any time soon. The wired solution really locks one into the speaker and what ever amp they choose to use and you have no way to upgrade. The only way to get wireless speakers that can perform is to draw a decent amount of current so you still have to have a wire going to the speaker for power. So in a sense they are not totally wireless but for the audio signal you have to settle for what ever amplifier they stick you with.

Just checked UPS and it has not yet arrived or been scanned at the local sorting facility yet. But I am sure that it will get there by 2am and be out for delivery tomorrow.

As far as my possible job goes they emailed me saying sometime is holding them up doing the background claiming something has not been completed. Will call in tomorrow and see what I need to get done to move it along.

Marantz SR-8012 Coming Soon!

hulk-smash.png

Marantz UPS.jpg

0018694_marantz-sr8012 (1).gif

IMG_1709v.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMG_1990a.jpg

Decided while doing some very late spring cleaning that since I was doing nothing with some Fender power amps. I gave them to my neighbor who plays guitar. Need to stream line as I do not have the room for stuff I am not using and room in my next place will be cramped. So they are gone and there is an empty space beneath the center channel now. Empty space in the A/V rack will soon have the Marantz SR-8012 in it. Also need to get the Denon DVD-2200 DVD/CD/SACD/DVD-A player in the rack ahead of the Marantz's arrival.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Mmmmmm so board I will actually use Vudu on my pc.

Marantz arrived at UPS sorting facility before going to where a UPS truck will begin the journey to deliver it here! Right now the receiver is about 22 minutes down the road where it will make it's last stop before I get it.

Last edited:

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Patience is a virtue, but enuff already, get that boy home NOW. Should be a very interesting weekend for you. I am excited as well.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It finally arrived at the final UPS building where it will leave for delivery! Still shows today as delivery date!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Update 8:58 AM 10/4/18
8:46 AM Marantz receiver leaving UPS facility and now out for delivery! :cheers:

Will update when it arrives and post pictures!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Here is a mind blowing thought. When you go out and buy something with a lot of parts involved in manufacturing think past how many places and buildings the item went through to get to your home after you ordered it and it arrived via UPS or FedEx. Now think about from it arriving traveling backwards. Your home to the chain of warehouses involved with UPS and or Fed Ex back to the retailer or Amazon warehouse or the warehouse for the company that had the product made. Then imagine it all the way back through the delivery chain to the actual manufacturing facility that assembled the product. Then imagine all the parts that went into said product from capacitors, transistors, power supply, processors, sheet metal, copper sheets and all the components and what companies and warehouses they went through. Then take those back all the way back to raw material and where that raw material came from. Imagine all the people involved in creating parts from raw material, all the people involved in the warehouses and production facilities all the way to the sales person that may have handled the product to the delivery driver that handed you the box. Kind of mind blowing how many people and steps are involved getting something from raw material to your door step where you can start using and enjoying it. And that doesn't even count the people that spent time designing the parts and designing the physical parameters of the product as well.

Mind blown yet? Goes way beyond simply thinking of clicking on a link or buying something from a sales person.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
This picture is worth a thousand words, LOL and several thousand dollars. Worth the wait for sure.
Pilgrim has landed!!!!!

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
2000px-Marantz_(logo).svg.png

OK Here we go as we start with the unboxing of the Marantz SR-8012!

IMG_2025a.jpg

Sorry no the receiver doesn't come with a AudioQuest HDMI, I had to purchase this separate.

I realize that there has been a number of Marantz SR-8012 unboxing on YouTube so I will not boar anyone with going into over amount of detail on this. So other than the AudioQuest HDMI cable that was added to the box before shipping to me. We have the accessories that come with the Marantz SR-8012. We have an owners manual, Audsysee microphone, the cardboard stand, remote, batteries for the remote, wifi antenna, fm antenna and power cable. The Marantz receiver has a nice thin protective foam around the receiver with your standard foam corners to help protect the unit from damage during shipping. I will be posting my thoughts and feedback as I go through calibration and all the menus as I set up my brand new Marantz SR-8012 11.2 surround sound receiver. Christmas and my birthday have arrived early and I can not wait to run the Marantz through it's paces!

IMG_2029a.jpg

IMG_2030a.jpg

IMG_2031a.jpg

IMG_2033a.jpg

IMG_2034a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2032a.jpg
    IMG_2032a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Here is a few more photos

IMG_2041a.jpg

IMG_2042a.jpg

And yes if you are as tired as I am of so much being made in China, here it is!

IMG_2043a.jpg

No it is not made in USA but it warms my heart to at least see made in Japan instead of made in China! So my hat off to Marantz and I thank them for the SR-8012 being made in Yokohama, Japan!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMG_2044a.jpg

IMG_2045a.jpg

IMG_2054a.jpg

Key Features
  • 11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
  • Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
  • High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
  • Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
  • eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
  • HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
  • Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
  • Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
  • Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
  • Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
  • High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
  • Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
  • Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
  • Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
  • Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks