What's new

My home theater just paid for itself today... (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Or maybe I should say I finally got my money's worth. :)
Not only was there some high-definition eye candy with the U.S. Open Tennis finals, but there was also the totally enveloping experience of watching BAND OF BROTHERS in HD and DD 5.1.
And the new season has hardly started yet.
Life is good!
- Steve
------------------
gotremo.jpg

Got Remo?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Not only was there some high-definition eye candy with the U.S. Open Tennis finals, but there was also the totally enveloping experience of watching BAND OF BROTHERS in HD and DD 5.1.
Both things of beauty.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The house and home theater are doing fine. But they are not my priority right now.
- Steve
[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on September 10, 2001 at 07:12 PM]

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Steve,
I feel the same way.... Though I just put in the High Def Setup, watching Band Of Brothers made me realize just how enjoyable home theater really is...... HD is the furure for Sure....
------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I also thought it looked and sounded excellent. Especially the drop and when they were taking out those guns. Those bullets were zinging all over the room.
Kevin C. :)
------------------
If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

James FT

Stunt Coordinator
Steve
I can not agree with you on band of brothers. Probably for artistic merit they shot the film in a very brown grainy type film to give it realism. I watched the ladies tennis final,unfortuantely I wasn not impressed.I believe it was the PGA a month a go.That impressed me,funny I am an avid tennis fan and I do not play golf,but I felt the golf tournament was spectacular.
When I compare band of brother,the Usa open to CSI and the film 13 days ,I believe they leave a lot to be desired from a quality perspective.
Certainly the coming season hold lots of promise and as time passes with selection of good prgramming I may start to take HD for granted,it is only when you return to an anolog NTSC signal do you realize what a wonderful medium it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks