What's new

Music on he go (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
I've carried around CD's for years in a carryall bag that I strap to my wheelchair. I listened to the CD's on my PC at work, but this got cumbersome. Lately, I've ripped CD's to a flash drive as MP3's and plugged that into the USB port and played music through Media Player. Works great, but not enough music. Enter MP3 players, which can have humongous capacity. I understand these have micro hard drives in them, so the first question is how sturdy they are. Can they survive an accidental fall? How long will they last under normal conditions?

Finally, are there any that I can interface with the PC as I've done with my flash drive? I really have no desire to listen to music enroute, but once I get where I'm going . . . . Besides, with what's going on with iPods on the East Coast, I might make far too tempting a target with a pair of earbuds in my wheelchair. Thanks again!

PatH

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ive experienced a dropped Hard Disk based Mp3 player (Creative Zen, fortunately not mine)...

the guy was standign up holding it up, and it slipped and fell onto a plastic chair (not as far as the ground even), whcih is about 2, 3 feet?

anyways, it wasnt able to boot up after that, just flashed the startup screen and froze...

of course to avoid being a target is to change the headphones... the replacement phones would probably be better than the packaged iPOD ones anyway...

how bout an MP3CD player? a CD has usually 700MB, can easily hold 100+ songs per CD... the player is cheap, media is even cheaper.

RichP

Second Unit

Because we all know that Houston is the same as the Bronx, just as we all know that two isolated incidents make a national epidemic. I must have missed the memo where everyone who owns an iPod is now being assaulted.

Good luck with your MP3 search, but the rhetoric isn't really necessary.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
my ipod is pretty sturdy. I dropped it a couple times, worst one being while walking in DC. Slipped outta my hand and crashed on the pavement. Just my luck it hit the part that my DLO jacket doesn't cover, so now there's a small nick on the top. : But good news is it works just as good as day 1.

I walk around the city & subway everyday with the white earbuds on, as do many others, but I ain't scurred. Just depends where you are. I'd definitely put it away if I was going to southeast DC.

If your nunchuks are in the shop you can always go with black earbuds to trick the teevs.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Just so you know, you don't have to use the white earbuds that come with the iPod. :) I don't because they hurt my ears, and I prefer street style headphones anyways.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thank GOD someone else said this. I was starting to think I was the only one. EVERYONE uses those damn things so I thought there was something wrong with my ears because they hurt like HELL when I wear those damn things. You really have to cram them in your ears in order for them to stay put, but I get such a pain when I do that. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks