What's new

Mulholland Drive in Austin.. (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
..at the DOBIE, midnight showings this week. Don't even start whining to me about the time, if I go I'll have to take a nap and then drive 70 miles.

But, I WILL do it, it's the best film I saw last year and I want to experience it in a theatre again.

Jim

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
AHHHH!!! Where is Dobie theater....I have heard so much about this movie, but I missed it in theaters. And I am off tomorrow, so I might as well catch the flick.

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Allright, I will have to wait till tomorrow night to see this show. Its shows Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights at midnight. Looks like tomorrow night will be booked.

Thanks for the info.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
The Dobie is near the University of Texas campus. (The name of the street escapes me, which isn't surprising since I've only been in Austin twice for relatively brief times.) The theater is in a mall, but it is a unique place. Quite the neat environment to take in a film. I was also uniformly impressed with the presentation, so expect to receive a real treat. The movie's pretty good too. :)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Oh Mark, that's putting it lightly.
You guys in Austin ARE seeing this film. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Jason

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
I found the theater and will venture down that way tomorrow night. Should be a good time, and after the movie I might head to 6th street for some Mardi Gras fun!!! I will have to remember my beads.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Hope you made the movie Jeff.

The print had taken a beating, diagonal green stripes on the right side of the screen all through the film, but I was grateful to be seeing it again.

Pretty good movie crowd, a bit too much boisterous (I got that joke, ain't I cool?) laughter.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks