Mr. Skeffington

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_S, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I just saw this fantastic Bette Davis film in 35mm today, and now would really, really love to have it on dvd. according to IMDB it's only available on vhs, I was wondering if there's any word on a possible dvd release? it's a Warner Bros film, and the catalog titles they've been releasing have been done extremely well, is there any chance that it will get released (or too far under the radar?)? Any laserdisc afficionados know of any laser release? if so what was the quality like and were there any special features?

Thanks! and here's to more catalog releases! (as if I can keep up anyway)

Adam

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Adam,
    As good as Claude Rains and Bette were in this film, I wouldn't hold my breath on a dvd release anytime soon. Warner has so many movies in their large catalog that it's going to be years before they really make a dent in it. Yes, it was released on laser.

Crawdaddy

3. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Second Unit

Fantastic movie, definitely Bette Davis and Claude Rains at their best!!! I still have the old Laserdisc edition which was fine for its day, but I would love a DVD edition that looks as good as NOW, VOYAGER.

4. Carlos-R

Carlos-R Auditioning

Good to see another SC student in here. Prof. Casper is a little eccentric huh. Oh well, good movie though.

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Yes indeed. Bette is very underrepresented on DVD. I'd kill for a boxset "Bette Davis Collection" from WB!