What's new

Vincent Sherman recently passed, are there any other of his fine dvd commentaries? (1 Viewer)

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator
Having enjoyed Sherman's amazingly sprightly contributions to the DVD releases of MR SKEFFINGTON and OLD ACQUAINTANCE I was glad to see that he worked on commentary tracks for the upcoming releases of RETURN OF DR X and ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT.

The venerable gent has now passed away at the venerabl age of 99, just a month shy of his century.

Does anyone know if he worked on any other commentaries or DVD materials that are due for release in the future?

Sergio

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, his death was noted in this thread. As you noted, a couple of his directed films are coming out soon and they have his commentary on them. One is "The Return of Dr. X" and the other "All Through the Night". Hopefully, there might be others down the road.

Crawdaddy

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
I think his interview on Roan Group's Patterns is from their disc of Underground which he directed.

Corey

Screenwriter
he also recorded commentaries for the adventures of don juan, nora prentiss, and the unfaithful

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor

Corey, where do you read about that? I am truly looking forward for this 3 titles, but I never heard anything about this commentaries. Good to know there are commentaries for them. It's a signal that eventually they will be released.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Corey, this is awesome news.
I love Ann Sheridan and I think she made a wonderful job in those two particular films.

I hope he did a commentary for The Young Philadelphians. He had some incredible actors on board and it would have been wonderful to hear some stories and thoughts.

Corey

Screenwriter

i just saw nora prentiss for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and i loved it.

Corey, just read your blogspot and I am glad I am not the only one who thinks The Young Philadelphians is criminally underrated. Just look at the actors involved.

Corey

Screenwriter

whoa whoa whoa, that's not my blogspot. i forgot the guy's name but he comes on here frequently. he does an exceptional job and i always look forward to reading them. give him all the glory.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
If I am not wrong, the blog belongs to John PM. And yes, his blog is a real treat for movie fans. An incredible job by that guy.
I often visit it, cause he always has something very interesting to tell about the Hollywood Golden age.
And the pictures...no need for comments.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I remember The Young Philadelphians for an entirely different reason: the cast is full of actors who would star in the most popular TV shows of the 1960s: the Oscar-nominated Robert Vaughn (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.), Brian Keith (Family Affair-out on DVD this week from MPI!), Adam West (Batman), Richard Deacon (The Dick Van Dyke Show), Anthony Eisley (Hawaiian Eye), and even Diane Brewster, who played the late Helen Kimble on The Fugitive!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks