Mr. Show DVD Seasons 3 and 4?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Florian, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

Howdy,
    I just purchased Seasons 1 and 2 a couple of weeks ago and really loved it but was sad to find it not containing the very episodes that I first fell in love with on HBO. And then I realized they did 4 seasons. Any word on when those last two seasons will come out? Must...complete...Mr. Show...collection...

Phil

2. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

i haven't heard a single word on seasons 3 and 4. i'm a bit worried because of all the trash bob n david went thru just to get seasons 1 and 2 in stores, plus they can't seem to be able to get their completed movie into theaters. all we can do is hope, and imagineer we will eventually get them.

3. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Don't forget to use enigination!

Maybe Senator Tankerbell can let the issue be known.

4. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

This all reminds me of the story of the travelling salesman.

"I am just a simple man, I sell leather pants!"

5. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Word from the_bits is that seasons three and four will be coming eventually.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I think RRR is dead. Bob and David have repeatedly said it was a mistake, and are no longer supporting any release of the film. If it comes out now, I'd guess straight to video.

The first dvd sets were only prepped as a tie in with the original relase date for the film- I'd guess there is now not an overwhelming hurry to get 3 & 4 out since there is no movie.

-Vince

7. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Yep, RRR is pretty much toast. I've seen it and I understand their reasoning in not wanting to waste time beating a dead horse because it really isn't that funny. It has it's moments but nothing that's going to make you shit your pants from laughing.

8. AaronMan

AaronMan Second Unit

Aaron
    David Cross was on that Carson Daly show just a few days ago (can't stand Daly, but David was on) and said volumes three and four would come out spring or summer of this year, or as he put it, "Whenever HBO wants to make some more money." I hope its spring! I think seasons three and four are their best shows. During season three, the just started getting in their groove, and season four was just brilliant. There were times I laughed so hard, I simply could not breathe.

Actually, you get a taste of seasons three and four in the form of compilation episodes on the current DVDs.