What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (2 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Here’s a couple classic tv episodes featuring the Nelson family. Coincidentally, both of these are from 1967.

Uploaded two weeks ago by the YouTube Times Past Television channel. The final episode of Malibu U. Most everything they post appears to be from multi-generation VHS. Fun to watch but just horrible quality. It is what it is …

Malibu U. (1967)
Stars Ricky Nelson Virginia Ann Lee Patricia Wymer

Rick Nelson starred as the dean of a fictional college called "Malibu U," where the biggest popular music stars of the 1960s performed once a week.

S01E07 Episode #1.7 (Sep.01.1967)
Stars Marvin Gaye Virginia Ann Lee Ricky Nelson The New Breed Peter and Gordon Sandy Posey Dionne Warwick

Rick Nelson pokes fun at the Adventures Of Ozzie & Harriet tv series.​

This was uploaded in March by the wonderful Red Skelton Museum YouTube channel. See 21:53 where Ozzie & Harriet play “Darllng & Dearest Lovebird.” It's a much different kind of humor back then. But Red, Ozzie and Harriet were having a ball ad-libbing throughout. Barbara McNair was a very talented, very special woman.

The Red Skelton Hour Original title: The Red Skelton Show (1951-1971)

S16E18 The Fortune Crookie (Jan.17.1967)
Stars Red Skelton The Alan Copeland Singers Jackie Coogan David Rose and His Orchestra Stephen Dunne Art Gilmore Chanin Hale Chanin Hale Barbara McNair Harriet Nelson Ozzie Nelson Louis Quinn Olan Soule Tom Hansen Dancers

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Is anyone else getting a little bit antsy that we haven't had an announcement from MPI about the final two seasons yet? Seasons 11 & 12 are scheduled for release in about a month, but nothing about S13 or S14.
I'm sure we'll hear something in the next few weeks. Can't be much longer.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I don't recall 11 and 12 being announced until close to the release of 9 and 10.

If those two come out and we haven't heard anything, then it would be strange.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me. I thought the opposite. That before prior releases the next set was already open for pre-orders. Having said that, I don't want to give the impression that I'm panicking. I'm not. Just antsy for the announcement of the final two seasons.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me. I thought the opposite. That before prior releases the next set was already open for pre-orders. Having said that, I don't want to give the impression that I'm panicking. I'm not. Just antsy for the announcement of the final two seasons.
I did some checking just to see how my memory was.

11 and 12 were announced about a month before 9 and 10 were released. So, we're currently in the normal range to hear something.

However, 11 and 12 did get bumped back a month for some reason, so maybe that's a factor in not hearing anything yet.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I did some checking just to see how my memory was.

11 and 12 were announced about a month before 9 and 10 were released. So, we're currently in the normal range to hear something.

However, 11 and 12 did get bumped back a month for some reason, so maybe that's a factor in not hearing anything yet.

Thanks. I have a 20 second memory so you can't go by what I say all the time. :D

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Seasons 11 & 12 are scheduled for release next month in May, so I feel confident that the series will be finished up and the final two seasons made available before years end.

While I'm not happy with how the DVD's are formatted, episodes are not in 4:3 full screen, the episode content is great and it's fun seeing the cast commercials.

The only other quibble I have is that some episodes are rebroadcast versions instead of the original airings, but I figure this couldn't be avoided because the originals are lost.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1683181195697.png

1683181367725.png

Tom.W

Second Unit
I'm also looking forward to the announcement of seasons 13 and 14. Not only to complete the series in mostly pristine quality but to open up several feet on my bookshelves when I say goodbye to my vhs and beta tapes from the Disney Channel. It's tempting to toss them ahead of time but I'll be patient and wait till the dvds arrive.

It'll be nice to see the final color season cleaned up. Those episodes are the poorest in terms of video quality that I've seen running on various channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks