What's new

Moving a 65" RPTV (1 Viewer)

Brent_j

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving into my new home on Friday and plan on taking my Mitsu 65" tv with me, no one in my area offers a service to move the TV for me, so its up to me. Is there anything that I should be aware of when moving it? I also have to take the top (screen) off of the base to move it in place, not looking forward to doing this myself. So any useful tips would be helpful!

Brent_j

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving into my new home on Friday and plan on taking my Mitsu 65" tv with me, no one in my area offers a service to move the TV for me, so its up to me. Is there anything that I should be aware of when moving it? I also have to take the top (screen) off of the base to move it in place, not looking forward to doing this myself. So any useful tips would be helpful!

Abe Rodrigue

Stunt Coordinator
Brent- don't do it by yourself! There is a small chance that I will have the day off tommorrow. I might be able to help you if you have no one else to give you a hand. I will post later in the evening when I know for sure,

Abe

Abe Rodrigue

Stunt Coordinator
Brent- don't do it by yourself! There is a small chance that I will have the day off tommorrow. I might be able to help you if you have no one else to give you a hand. I will post later in the evening when I know for sure,

Abe

Abe Rodrigue

Stunt Coordinator
I am working today, sorry. Just grab one of your friends that has the strongest back and the weakest mind.;)
good luck.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
If I were you I'd rent a small uhaul true for $20, and put it on there. When the movers moved my 65", they tied these big soft blankets around it, and took it away.

Abe, I'm sure somebody's helping him, because I see it as impossible to move me 65" by myself.

Brent_j

Stunt Coordinator
Abe, thanks for wanting to help out!!

well, I got it moved in halfway, I rented one of those dollies with the 4 big soft wheels that you can lay on its side and slid it right on the dolly (with the help of 5 people) and moved it right into place on the truck ramp, worked wonderfully! Now I only hope it will fit down the 6 stairs to my new home theater room...... I will let you know how that goes!

Brent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks