What's new

Directors Movies you no longer care for... (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Are there any movies that you no longer care for? As you get older, wiser, and a little more educated, movies that you once enjoyed may not have the same appeal that they once did. I really got into slasher flicks and other low-budget horror films when I was a teenager - I even subscribed to Fangoria magazine! But now, I no longer care for them. Sure, I still admire Romero's zombie movies and a handful of others, but I have little interest in seeing your basic splatter flick. Same goes for raunchy comedies. How about you?

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I thought Heathers was the bees knees when I was in high school. Now, as an adult I can see how horribly misguided and pandering the film really was. I feel similarly about The Breakfast Club (although to a lesser degree).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yep, I agree with you on Heathers. Same goes for Pump Up the Volume.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Definitely Breakfast Club, and even more so Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That smug little brat needs to get smacked around a little.

And yeah, Heathers has lost much of its charm, too, but I can still watch it.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I can see how Heathers could lose some of its lustre, although it's still a damn good flick.
Childhood faves like Willow, The Goonies and Krull are not as sweet as I remember, although I'll still defend 'em to the ends of the earth. ;)

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Conan the Barbarian tops the list for me right now. I re-rented the DVD recently and I was so excited to see it again. Very disappointed. Great cinematography and some decent action but the plot was so weak and the dialog was just awful.

- Jeff

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The only one I can think of is Earthquake. It was cool when I saw it in the theaters as a kid, but now it's just a horribly acted movie.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ditto for Heathers, Conan the Barbarian, and Krull.
I still love the Goonies, which is reassuring. The same with Big Trouble in Little China. I have fears about The Breakfast Club.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Horror movies.
I still love all the classic horror movies, the Universal Classics, the Hammer Horrors and always will, but I've lost interest in todays modern horror flick, I don't care a jot about the Screams and the Blair Witches and so on, the Elm Streets have dated badly and so 80's now, IMO there are very few horror movies in the last 20 or so years that stick out as shining examples of the genre, Kubrick's The Shining is one.:D
ps. I enjoyed Blade 1 & 2 but as blood thirsty comic book action movies.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Krull. I bet I saw that flick at least 200 times between the ages of 5-7. The DVD was released last year and was excited to get it, I hadn't seen it in at least 10 years. Sat down to watch it and it just wasn't the same, it seemed kind of boring. Although I still enjoy it, it just isn't as good as it was when I was younger.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Once released, I bought The Neverending Story. I watched it that night (a rarity), and put it away, sadly to never be seen again :frowning:
I still love The Goonies and Dragonslayer, though ;)
Take care,
Chuck

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Airplane! wasn't nearly as funny, I quickly traded the DVD. Ditto on Heavy Metal.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Add me to the list that doesn't really enjoy Krull anymore. Lo and behold, Liam Neeson was in this movie. It's amazing what you discover down the road.
As a side note, since I've aged some, I think the princess is kind of cute. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks