What's new

Directors Movies you no longer care for... (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Wayne's World. I'm a bit more mature now, and it just seems very dated in it's humor.

I'll semi-second Willow. I bought it at its release, and I haven't brought myself to watch it yet. I loved this movie as a kid, but I just don't know if it will hold up for me. Similar experience with Forest Gump...

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I watched The Goonies and Willow for the first time ever this past year (I'm 30). And I thought both were absolutely terrible movies.

I like Conan just for the scene where they're sneaking into the harem room. Love that music!

Flash Gordon is another one that's definitely diminished as I got older.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
I still get a kick out of Wayne's World, The Goonies, and Willow (although the latter is seriously buoyed by James Horner's score).
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom used to thrill me to no end. Now I find it to be one of Spielberg's few genuine disappointments. I'll still buy it, but it will be in my player far less than the other two.
Bergman's Persona has also aged poorly for me. When I was 8, it seemed so deep. Now that I'm older and can see clearly, I realize how shallow it truly is. ;)
Evan

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Once released, I bought The Neverending Story. I watched it that night
So, shouldn't you technically still be watching it?
Funny that so many people should mention Krull. I never saw the film, but I remember one day they were going to show it to us in elementary school (!). I acted off or played some prank (can't remember), and they cancelled the showing for the whole class. I was so disappointed, yet to this day I still haven't seen the film. Kinda like bart and that Itchy and Scratchy movie I suppose.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hate to do this to the late Dudley Moore, but.....
Arthur
Great performances by Gielgud and Moore, but the drunk schtick -- for me -- doesn't play as well now as it did then. Seems sooooo inappropriate.
Still have every line memorized and many of them come out of my mouth at the appropriate time. "Sometimes I just think funny things". But the lustre is gone.
Not even Christopher Cross saves it for me! :D

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I will agree with all of the following:
Conan the Barbarian
Willow
Krull
The Goonies (it had its moments and a great commentary but not NEARLY as much appeal)
The Monster Squad (I realize the dvd isn't out yet but it will eventually)
Remo Williams:The Adventure Begins (ditto that there's no dvd yet but it still counts)
Wayne's World (I agree that most of it seems very dated now
while I can still laugh at Bill & Ted's Excellant Adventure)
Corvette Summer?!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And Legend with Tom Cruise. I couldn't care less about the upcoming 2 disc dvd set. I rented it about a year ago and was bored to tears despite the fact that Mia Sara is quite beautiful (and still is the last time I saw a picture of her).
;)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Even after all these years and all the viewings, I still immensly enjoy Heathers and Pump up the Volume!

I can't think of any of my favorites that have lost their charm!

Bobbi*L

Agent
The Wizard of OZ, just can't stomach that movie anymore.

Nightmare on Elm St., any of them.

Friday the 13th, way too many sequels.

Childs Play, also overkill.

Gone With The Breeze, it done left with the wind.

The Exorsist, the book was way better.

2001: A Space Odessy, guess I've seen it too many times.

Boggie Nights, saw it once, never again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks