What's new

Movies that feature the destruction of California: need your help for a story. (1 Viewer)

Graham Michael

Auditioning
Star Fleet Headquarters (San Fran) nearly got it's ass kicked in Star Trek IV, and I'd imagine it wasnt' doing too well in Star Trek VIII either :)
Yes. I know. I've been hanging out in #startrek-triva too much.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Darn, Graham! I wish you had posted sooner. That would have been an excellent film to mention in the now-completed story/essay/meditation. But thanks. In fact, a big thanks to all of you. Let me know if you're interested in reading the little piece. It hasn't been edited yet (as if it needed it! :)), but I could copy and paste it to this thread.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Jack, let's see it!
Glad to hear you've gotten a bunch of writing gigs going again, better than I can say for me :frowning: ! (one of my long features - and a bunch of payment! - for DVD Advance is tied up in legal issues due to the parent company's Chapter 11).

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Jack

One of the worst Bond Pictires, "A View to the Kill", centered around blowing up the silicon valley/ San Francisco. I forget if anything actually Blew Up.

I remember looking up one day and seeing a dummy dangling over the GG Bridge...took me a while to connect it to the movie.

I like the part where they try to jump the 3rd street bridge (Now in front of Pac Bell Park) with a fire engine. It's the only time I have ever seen the bridge up.

maybe if you write a part II

BTW Don't know if you are a AAA member but the last issue had a spread on California's movie palaces including a few down in your Area

Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks