Movie Gallery rentals B2 Get 2 free

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Paul_Nyman, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

We just had one of these Movie Gallery video rentals open up a month ago, now I found out through DVDTalk Bargain thread they are have a 3 week sale on Previously viewed rental DVD/VHS/Video game titles. Buy 2 titles get two more for free!

I just picked up four DVD's I didn't have yet:

Italian Job (2003)
    Seabiscuit
    Second Hand Lions
    Rugrats Go Wild movie

The first two DVD's cost $31.78 with tax, the other two were free titles.

The only sticky part is Movie Gallery places a sticky clear "Security sticker on the DVD disc, so it could be a problem to remove them after you purchase, but the manager I spoke to told me they are "Guaranteed For Life" if the disc is unplayable. I kept my receipt just in case I run into any problems though.

I'm happy with the titles I purchased and no problems with my four choices!

2. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I'll have to check it out, although the 2 MG's near me tend to have lousy selections of the used disks....
    Here's hoping.

3. BradyB

BradyB Stunt Coordinator

I just got back from my local MG and I was able to score:

Whale Rider
    Freddy vs Jason
    The Missing
    Bad Boys II

For a total of $32.08 w/tax. Not to shabby.

For some reason only half of the discs (Freddy v Jason and The Missing) have the annoying stickers on them.

I may head back later this week to see if I can find Open Range.

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Picked up 4 today
    1 I like: Beyond Re-Animator
    1 I hope I like: Wonderland
    and 2 that are terrible, yet I felt compelled to own: The Medallion and House of the Dead (please no flames :b ) Somehow I am attracted to horrible movies I know I don't like, but you know how it is, everyone has a few movies like this in thier collection.

Bad news is HOTD is unplayable, gotta take it back when I'm in the area on Friday...

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Had problems with Medallion, too. the other 2 were OK though. This is the first time I've had problems with used disks....

6. TimSmith

TimSmith Auditioning

Went to mine the other day. Didn't really see much. The ones I did see were in horrible condition. Hope you guys have better luck.

7. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I've had great fun with this.
    The first 4 I bought 2 were defective, I was able to exchange 1, the other didn't have any more copies for sale, so I exchanged it for a different movie.
    I also picked up 4 more, 1 of those was full screen only, took it back, again no more copies, so I exchanged for a different movie.

Word of warning, if the movie was a set with FS on 1 disk and WS on the other, hey are selling them individually, which I feel is a load of crap. Anyway, be sure to check the disk.