What's new

Movie everyone loved but you hated? (1 Viewer)

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
American Beauty definitely tops my list as "Movies everyone loved, but I didn't". To me, Annette Benning's performance was way overtop, and helped take me out of the movie.

Another one is The Pledge.

As far as Forrest Gump is concerned, I loved that movie. I viewed it as out of all the events that took place during the movie that would typically divide a nation (or create controversy amongst individuals), he took each one with a grain of salt.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
I thought this was about movies you hate that everyone else loved? the early responses have me confused, anyway I hated LOR "Return of the King" extreme boredom and too much redundancy, yech.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

This thread has officially become about movies people hate, not movies people hate that others love. How many people "love" either of the above flicks? Very few!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member

Oh geez, you missed the best part near the end...Milla Jovovich fans know what I mean. :D

However, not many people loved the movie...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Heres some that alot of people seem to like I cant stand:

Batman
The Matrix
Tootsie
Mrs Doubtfire
Gone With The Wind
Titanic
Scary Movie
A Officer & A Gentleman
The Crying Game
Top Gun
Blair Witch Project
Something About Mary

Could name lots

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

I hate that movie too. When I read the post I quoted above, I immediately thought of the backlash Elaine received on Seinfeld because she didn't like it.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Pulp Fiction
Lord of the Rings movies (man, I wanted to like these movies, but I simply couldn't get into them at all!)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Truly Hate:
- SW Ep1: The Phantom Menace (the stereotyped voices send me over the edge every single time)

Do not care for:
- English Patient
- The Deer Hunter
- The French Connection
- Raging Bull
- Blair Witch Project

It seems that many of the slow paced 1970s-era films are not my favorites (although I like Taxi Driver). Curse you MTV! :)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Just wanted to chime in again.. for those of you who hate patch adams, I would really like to know why. I thought it was a great movie. To each his own I guess. :)

Call me crazy, but I didn't enjoy Pulp Fiction. I usually like twisted movies, but other than Samuel L Jackson's antics, the movie as a whole was just "OK" to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks