What's new

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: SE...excellent picture! (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
At first, the image looked decent for Columbia's MP & The Holy Grail: SE video transfer...
I found some pictures from widescreen.org's examples page and I saw the difference in quality!!!
The color is magnificent! The pre-restoration pictures looked almost like sepiatone.
Yes, there's usually excessive grain, but this is a result from the el-cheapo film stock they used. Greens such as grass and the leaves of trees look so real, the very rare blue skies look excellent, the fleshtones are perfect...and blood is RED...not red-orange, RED! Whites are perfectly clear (not yellowed)
There still are some specks, but I don't think I saw any scratches or lines. Edge enhancement shows up in very few shots and it's so subtle that it's not very noticable.
The 5.1 soundtrack is also excellent. Most of the dialogue sound crystal clear, the DeWolfe and Neil Innes music sound fresh, and sound effects are also great. It's not very gimmicky and it perfectly suits the movie.
Another A+ DVD from Columbia!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
There's nothing wonderful about a transfer that omits part of the movie (the first Swedish subtitle). See the 2 or 3 problem threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks