What's new

MONSOON WEDDING ... What a gem! (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Just watched this last night after reading some good reviews when it originally came out in the theater and after immensly enjoying Mira Nair's Hysterical Blindness on HBO.
I cannot believe that this movie has not been discussed at all on this forum. What an amazing Altmanesque assamble piece with very colorful and lovable characters. I have a lot of Indian friends and am familiar with Indian culture so this was a bonus, but the film was a homerun.
The P.K.Dubai character stole the show for me. His over-the-top performance in the first half and very subtle introspecting second half performance was dead on. I actually know people like that :)
The DTS track was a little harsh on the DVD for some reason. The music was fine but the dialogue had a little too much highs.
One of the best foreign films I have seen since Amores Perros. Looking forward to buying this one ...

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Too bad the Universal DVD of the film is not half as good as the film itself. The film itself is an absolute favorite of mine.

Sanjay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks