What's new

Mogambo and 3 Godfathers at Target this week? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

What's really sad is that though several of us did find some copies of these dvd releases, only a few of us have offered our opinion about either of these dvd presentations.

Crawdaddy

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:D I suppose my situation probably rings true for a lot of people. A tall stack of new DVDs at the holiday...with limited time between the hustle-bustle to watch any of 'em!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just finished the "Mogambo" dvd and though, the dvd presentation was fine in some parts, the misregistration problems we've seen in other Technicolor dvds is present on this dvd. In comparison, I thought the "3 Godfathers" dvd presentation is better, but in a way I expected that was going to be the case with the stock footage they used in this jungle film.

Crawdaddy

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, quickie availability update for these two DVDs:

First of all, I was FINALLY able to grab my 3 GODFATHERS DVD this morning -- woohoo, mission accomplished!

It seems that most of the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley Target stores are getting then in, although in relatively small quantities.

I was only able to get current in-stock availability information (as of 12.29.2005) for these locations:

Granada Hills (Balboa & San Fernando Mission)
3 Godfathers
Mogambo

(For anyone in the L.A./S.F. Valley area still going nuts trying to find both of these DVDs, I was able to place one set "On Hold" for whomever might want them, or in case their other copies sell out. So -- for at least today and probably tomorrow -- just tell them you're picking up the set on hold for "Jeff" (duh) and it's yours! My small Xmas present to whomever wants it... Enjoy and you're welcome! And if any of you DO grab this, let me know so I can feel all good and squishy inside for doing a good deed, okay?

(DISCLAIMER: Jeff cannot be held responsible if Target has not placed these DVDs "on hold" as promised, or has somehow replaced them with a set of the GODFATHER films of FOUR BROTHERS. 'Nuff said.)

Northridge (Balboa & Nordhoff)
3 Godfathers

Van Nuys (Raymer)
3 Godfathers

And that's it -- I wasn't able to find out any information regarding quanitites at these stores, other than "we have a few" -- even at the Target I picked mine up at (Northridge), the copies were in the back in receiving, and the stockperson was nice enough when I called to go back and grab one for me.

Again, I hope this was helpful, and be assured that copies ARE finally get out to the stores now that "holiday hell" is over with. Many MANY thanks go out to Eric Schulz for providing the Target stock numbers for these DVDs -- it made the hunt far easier to accomplish! Thanks Eric!!!

And with that, thus officially endith Jeff's "DVD Availability Update" - whew!

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

I was lucky enough to grab a copy of '3 Godfathers' on the day it was released (although I had to travel to two stores here in Albany before finding it). I waited till Christmas Eve to watch it, and was extremely impressed with the transfer. Drop-dead gorgeous use of color photography. The story is the old fashioned heart-warming kind. I always get choked up at the scene where the kid (Dobe Carey) is dying in the desert. Supposedly, Ford had him lying out in the hot sun all afternoon, doing take-after-take. You can certainly tell he had been, because his voice is so hoarse, you can barely make out what he is saying.

Everyone who is waiting another 6 - 8 months for the supposed boxset release is doing themselves an incredible disservice.

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Agreed.

I skipped 3 GODFATHERS, already owning the British release of several months ago, but my second trip to a Target store granted me MOGAMBO (oddly enough, that store had no GODFATHERS, while the first store had GODFATHERS but no MOGAMBO).

The discs are reviewed at www.inthebalcony.com.

Terry H

Second Unit

I disagree. I would gladly have bought this if I could have found it before Christmas. I did not find it so I can now afford to wait and see exactly what the box set actually holds and avoid potential double dips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks