What's new

Mitsu WT-42313 vs Toshiba 42H83: Which should I go for? (1 Viewer)

rich_rosell

Auditioning
For size and price issues, I have narrowed it down to a pair of 42"'ers:

Mitsu WT-42313
Toshiba 42H83

The Mitsu runs about a couple hundred more, but feature wise they appear similar. I've seen them both "live", and actually thought the Toshiba had better color.

I've read about the possible line problems on the Toshibas, but I wasn't sure if that was a recall issue that was fixed.

My gut tells me Mitsu, but my wallet is saying Toshiba.
Is there a vast difference?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Both very nice sets. You can read about this or that problem with nearly every set out there. I bought on picture quality best I could even though often times the sets were viewed in the worst of viewing conditions, and suggest you and everybody else do the same.

I seen most models at enough different places to at percieve I got a feel for the differences between different sets.

rich_rosell

Auditioning
Yeah, it seems as soon as I decide on one I read of some potential 'problem'.

Still, I'm really torn between the 42" Mits and Toshiba.

KalaniP

Grip
I was in a similar boat last year, deciding between a 55" Mitsu and a 57" Toshiba. Both were pretty close, and both had great features and were similarly priced (enough). I had just about made up my mind to go for the extra 2" on the Toshiba when I walked into Good Guys and they wheeled in a 65" Mitsu, open box, that had been delivered the day before to some rich lady who decided she preferred direct view screens after all. Perfect condition, obviously, and full warranty, etc available. So I walked out with the 65" Mitsu for the same price I had been looking at for the 55" range units. :D Been more than thrilled with my decision ever since.

What's my point? All other things being equal, I'd say choose with your wallet... with either set there will be little things you love and little things you dislike about the set, so you may as well save a few bucks. :)

-Kalani

rich_rosell

Auditioning
I understand the 'wallet' angle, kalani. :emoji_thumbsup:

And though I suspect both sets are likely very similar in features, performance and durability, I'm one of those people who automatically consider the model that's the 'next step' up to be better, which I know isn't always right.

rich_rosell

Auditioning
Does anyone know how the stretch functions compare between these two models?

I'm guessing that the quality of the 4:3 stretch varies from make to make,correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks