What's new

Missed Opportunities? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey all,

Anyone ever ask that question : What if? I had a one this past weekend....

I was at a garage sale my familly was throwing. This familly speaking Polish comes up to the driveway and starts looking around. One of the members is a very hot looking lady, who seemed to be around my age...and stops by my table. She seemed interested in the stuff I had there, especially the Star Trek stuff, and I was thinking about starting up a conversation, but didn't think it would be appropriate to start some dating pickup lines at a garage sale, heh.

So, I've got this question in mind. Are there any good themed Dating sites, for fans of Star Trek, Muppets, etc, to gather at, or just general talk sites?

Who knows, maby I'll find someone like this lady there where it's more appropriate to start up a conversation :)

Thanks!

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Nah, you definitely missed an opportunity. Inappropriate is chatting up a hot looking widow at her husband's funeral. :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
But you could have started some nice 'mutual interest lines', in fact a nice conversation, and let the inevitable develop.

Cees

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, I was thinking about that, and even did mention that if there was anything she was interested in, I could lower the prices for her... but it never got beyond that, heh.

Ahh well....

DonnyD

Screenwriter
You just never know who is around when you make a play at someone.....
Several years ago, a group of us were on a dirtbiking trip and in the campgrounds, we all noticed this hot looking babe with a group of people......later, out on the trail, several of us were taking a break at a water hole, when the hot babe came by and waved....one of her group, a guy, stopped to chat with us and the conversation inevitably went to the hot babe.....I asked if the hot babe was attached.... the guy asked "which one".... and I said "the one with the big blue eyes and big geogous boobs".... he just smiled and said...."oh yeah, she's my wife"..... he actually had a good laugh with us about it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Chatting up a friendly conversation with a tag sale goer = appropriate

Grabbing her boobs and asking her bra size = inappropriate

p.s. If you don't believe the above, my family is having a tag sale in a few weeks...I'll have to do some research :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
If you approach it as a chat up opportunity, it will fail. If you TALK to her about her interests (Star Trek?) like a regular person then you can eventually get somewhere.

Hot girls deal with guys feeding them lines all the time. What they don't get is a cool guy willing to talk to them like a human being about what interests them. Next time, just talk to her, light conversation is rarely inappropriate.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, I am now officially kicking myself for not carrying on that initial conversation start. Oh well, there's always the next garage sale :)...

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Let it be said that this is the first time in history the phrase "cool guy" and an interest in Star Trek are mentioned in the same thread.;)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Yahoo! chatrooms. Thats how I find am my victims. :D

On the oher hand you don't want to sound like that guy who takes out newspaper ads: "We met on the 419 busline. We didn't say anything but your eyes told me about how you wanted to have dozens of children with me. Please, I haven't been able to sleep since I saw you. If you read this reply to box # 27653."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Garrett, thank God thgere are those who take out those ads though, they're a a fun read! :) I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a response (and not the kind like in "Ghost World" :)).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Girls are very clever too, especially the "hot" ones. Ever thought of the possibility that she wasn't that much interested in Star Wars at all?
>>>>

Yep. She came by the table twice.....And stayed there for a minute or two just looking at the stuff. I'm the shy type, so I didn't know if I should start the conversation or not, heh...

Ahh well...There's always the next convention I go to to meet someone with the same intrests :)..

Although you won't see me walking up to someone dressed in a Seven of Nine Borg outfit ;p...Only the non costumed variety of women :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Twice, eh?
What else was there at, or close to, that table, Neil? That could so much interest a "hot looking" lady?

Cees

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Dude, you probably shouldn't have admitted that. Now you deserve to be slapped upside the head! :D

Sounds like it's time for another garage sale. Who knows, maybe she'll show up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks