Miramax and dts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wade Paris, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Wade Paris

Wade Paris Extra

Sep 2, 2000
    I've been filled with suspense recently with DVD releases.
    Jin-Roh Special Edition (Pioneer) had a Japanese dts track,
    Amazon just shipped my Metropolis DVD (Columba/Sony) which has a Japanese dts track.
    There is new news that Disney plans to get Miyazaki's Sen (Spirited Away) into American theaters on September 20th. IMDb only lists a dts mix for Sen (apparently it's popular in Japan?) and I am really hopping that the dts track makes it to the Region 1 DVD. I'm guessing this will be branded Miramax since they handled Princess Mononoke.
    I did a rough search and of recent Miramax DVDs and could not find anything that had a dts track.
    Does anyone know if Miramax is moving in the dts direction anytime soon? Having to live with a Dolby mix probably wont hurt the enjoyment of the film for me, but both Jin-Roh and Metropolis have been packed DVD sets and the dts track is just icing on the cake.
    But I guess we'll just end up with a barebones release like they did with Princess Mononoke [​IMG]
  2. Daniel Schenk

Daniel Schenk Stunt Coordinator

Aug 15, 2000
    I believe the Crow movies all have DTS. But appart of them i don`t think that Miramax is a strong supporter of DTS.
  3. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Sep 18, 1998
    Jeff Adkins
    Spirited Away will be under the "Walt Disney Pictures" label as opposed to Miramax.