What's new

Miramax and dts (1 Viewer)

Wade Paris

Grip
I've been filled with suspense recently with DVD releases.
Jin-Roh Special Edition (Pioneer) had a Japanese dts track,
Amazon just shipped my Metropolis DVD (Columba/Sony) which has a Japanese dts track.
There is new news that Disney plans to get Miyazaki's Sen (Spirited Away) into American theaters on September 20th. IMDb only lists a dts mix for Sen (apparently it's popular in Japan?) and I am really hopping that the dts track makes it to the Region 1 DVD. I'm guessing this will be branded Miramax since they handled Princess Mononoke.
I did a rough search and of recent Miramax DVDs and could not find anything that had a dts track.
Does anyone know if Miramax is moving in the dts direction anytime soon? Having to live with a Dolby mix probably wont hurt the enjoyment of the film for me, but both Jin-Roh and Metropolis have been packed DVD sets and the dts track is just icing on the cake.
But I guess we'll just end up with a barebones release like they did with Princess Mononoke :frowning:

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the Crow movies all have DTS. But appart of them i don`t think that Miramax is a strong supporter of DTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks