Mirage OmniSat & OmniSat Micros

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Matt+H, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Matt+H

Matt+H Extra

Anyone like the Mirage OmniSats? I am trying to appease the wife and go with in-walls or satellite speakers. I keep switching my mind here and this is kind of what I am up against.

Polk in Walls RC-85i for l&r, RC-65i for rears, Polk CSi3 for center and either a Velodyne DLS3500B (399.99) or Rocket ELT-1 SW-10 (299.99)

That would put me at 750 + sub.

The Mirage OmniSats are $250 at tweeter and I am unable to find them anywhere else cheaper or I could go with the Micros that are $180. (1250 for the regs, 900 for the micros) + sub

I am going for a 5.1 setup. My speaker budget is $1200. I am looking at either getting the Yamaha RX-V650 or the RX-V750. Please let me know if it is worth the extra $100 to get the RX-V750.

Room size is 23 x 16 and with the left side open to the rest of the house. (Not sure that this helps)

2. Jay Foster

Jay Foster Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I demoed a lot of speakers and while I do not own the Mirages, they had the largest sweet spot of any speaker that I heard. Do a search at avs and there is a huge thread on them. One of the avs administrators actually owns them after just reading the thread.

3. Phil Volk

Phil Volk Extra

I sold both polk and mirage and while In-walls may have a little more punch, I would look at the tc or lc series from polk, I don't much care for the rc's...and there was a looooong runing post here about the omnisats (and other omni series speakers), they are a VERY good little speaker, but as always ,if you can go a little bigger do so.

4. Craig_O

Craig_O Agent

I just purchased 2 Omnisats to replace the front bose speakers I had. I have the OM-C2 center and they sound great together. I will be getting 3 more of the Omnisats for the surrrounds. These speakers are heads above the bose even without a sub.