What's new

Microsoft flight simulator X (1 Viewer)

becca-pa

Auditioning
Real Name
Rebecca
With the cost of AV-Fuel flying higher than most general typed aircraft, Ive turned to MS~FSX to keep my skills from completely rusting.

I want to build a general flight simulator enclosure and wire it for sound. I don't know allot about sound effects and stuff like that so I decided to see if anyone on the forum has ever thought about this type of project.

Any advice would be appreciated. ~Becca

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I have built A virtual Flight Simulator for Military Style flight Sims, ie Falcon 4, Enemy Engaged 2, Janes F/A-18 ect... I have flown FS9 with a friend who is a licensed Pilot.

I use a 3D Projector with a 45" Screen and I use 4 SHS Audio 8" Powered Speakers and a Marantz Reciever for a Pre/Pro and a VTF-1 Subwoofer. Really neat setup but Barely use it but when I do Very good for immersion. the Explosions sound real ;)

I also have a set of Creative 7.1 Speakers I use. you could get something like the Creative Set of PC Speakers. Here is a link to Some Creative Speakers:

Speaker Systems - PC / Home Entertainment, Speakers for ZEN, Speakers for iPod, Portable Speaker

I would just go with a Set of PC Speakers and if you want you could go with either a 2.1 or 5.1 Speaker setup..

Here is a Screenshot of my Virtual Pit..

becca-pa

Auditioning
Real Name
Rebecca
My setup is allot like yours. I have the 5.1 sound system and with the amount of crap that stacks up on my desk I thought I would save up the money and buy my own completely enclosed FS. And free my desk of all the stuff piling up on it.

I have helicopter flight controls bolted to my computer chair and when people that I first bring over look at it, They must think I'm nuts, lol...

I came across this simulator that I am thinking about buying.

Redbird simulator.
Redbird Flight Simulations :: FMX
The price isn't to bad as for what flight simulators sale for.
YouFlyIt simulators are as if not more than this one.

Again. Back to what I want to do with it as its one costly investment.

I want to rip out the OEM speakers and replace everything with quality speakers.

Maybe even wire up the control switches to accurately describe the sounds they make in the real thing.

I fly mostly the bell 206 and the MD600 Notar helicopters and a few fixed wings that I am more likely to really fly.

So the f18's and all them other war planes and helicopters are just games as I'm sure Uncle Sam wont be inviting me to fly any of them.

~Becca.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
That is a cool Sim pit it is even a motion pit. That should be fun!!
Ya but it still is cool flying an F/A-18 and Blowin stuff up lol!! Even Flying the commanche is now a Pipe dread as that project was canceled by the Army and they Plan on using the rest of the money that was to purchase Commanches with, will go into upgrading the current Fleet of Copters..

I am in the Process of getting a bigger Screen 78" and move my Virtual Flight Sim to the other side of the Room to free up my Desk area I am going to use a retro PC..

Ya Us Flight sim Types are a lil' Eccentric ;)

You could try some Booshelf Type Speakers as I went with some DJ Speakers they work well but are a lil noisy from the Amps as they are Powered. I am thinking next set will be Passive vs. Powered.

Let me know if you get your Flight Pit..for now I will just have a Virtual Pit. I did Plan on building my Own Motion Base but got sidtracked with other Projects,, like My Home Theater..

becca-pa

Auditioning
Real Name
Rebecca
Crap, Your going to make me clean up my room for this.
Can I just upload the ebay pictures, haha

Ill take pictures this week.

Becca.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks