What's new

MGM Rain Man and Fargo SE needed (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
It would be nice to get Rain Man and Fargo out of the damn snapper cases. It would need a commentary, a retrospective documentary, deleted scenes, trailer, anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 Dobly Digital and get rid of the Pan and scan version.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I have both of these movies and neither of them are in snapper cases.

For that matter both are already in anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 sound, but it would be nice to have SEs. I believe that they are both scheduled for sometime this year.

-Chad

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
the Blockbuster version of Rain MAn is in a snapper
Which is why I always go to Blockbuster for reliable information. Rainman is a MGM disc, they haven't put anything in a snapper in over 4 years. Either way, you won't be able to by Rainman and Fargo in anything but a keep case.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
MGM used to use snappers. Off the top of my head, a few of the early James Bond discs (Goldeneye comes to mind) were in snappers.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I've picked up Fargo 3 times. Not one time has it been in a snapper.

1)Polygram magical "scratch-o-matic" case

2)Polygram Keepcase

3)MGM Keepcase

MGM gave us an anamorphic transfer. Yes, there's a debate as to whether it's any better than the original, but there not about to re-do it anytime soon. Some MGM discs have flipped from snapper to keepcase and back again. Those mostly related to rights switching back to Warner. (Poltergeist, 2001, Grinch/Horton Hears a Who)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Since when has MGM used snappers?
Well, like I said over 4 years ago. I know for a fact that I had snapper cases of Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and Goldeneye.

My point was that Fargo and Rainman were most likely never in snappers.

-Chad

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
you guys screw the case! I want em with loads of features! Cruise is doing commentarys for vanilla sky and jerry maguire. So why can't he and Hoffman have a seat and talk about five minutes to wapner! And how bout buscemi and mcdermont with the coen brothers doing a commentary for a fargo se. but while you are on the subject snapper cases do suck!

ps where the hell is my glen garry glen ross dvd?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'd buy a Fargo SE in a heartbeat, although the current disc is pretty good. I'd upgrade for a commentary or some other behind the scenes stuff.

I checked and there was no mention of Fargo during the MGM chat (unless this computer screwed up doing a text search).

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
Fargo is supost to be out sometime this year in a SE...it was listed as one of the SE that MGM was working on along with Escape from New York...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks