What's new

MGM Midnight Movies in April 03 (1 Viewer)

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard that MGM will put out another batch of five double features in April 03. Has anybody heard for sure what the titles are ? I have heard Cry of the Banshee and Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Raven and Comedy of Terrors,Tomb of Legeia and The Haunted Palace but no real confirmations. Has anybody got any info on this.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the titles you mention are on the cards for March. I love Roger Corman movies. It would be great to have a double DVD edition of The Haunted Palace and Tomb Of Ligeia that is as good as the Masque Of The Red Death and The Premature Burial double DVD. :)
I'm sure that MGM will issue a press-release in the coming weeks...
Gordy

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
This was posted in another thread, but I'm not sure which will be locked so here they are:
From DVD Drive-in
All are $14.95:
ANGEL UNCHAINED/CYCLE SAVAGES (Both films 1.85:1, 16 x 9)
MUSCLE BEACH PARTY/SKI PARTY (Both films 2.35:1, 16 x 9)
INVISIBLE INVADERS/JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET (INVISIBLE INVADERS: 1.33:1; JOURNEY: 1.66:1 letterboxed)
CRY OF THE BANSHEE/MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1971) (CRY OF THE BANSHEE--91 minute Director's Cut; 1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new video interview with director Gordon Hessler; MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE--98 minute Director's Cut, featuring 11 minutes of footage cut from the original release; 1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new video interview with director Gordon Hessler)
PSYCH-OUT/THE TRIP (PSYCH-OUT--1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new featurette with director Richard Rush, producer Dick Clark, cinematographer Lazlo Kovacs and actor Bruce Dern; commentary track with director Richard Rush; THE TRIP--1.85:1, 16 x 9; three new featurettes with Director Roger Corman, actor Bruce Dern and Allen Daviau; commentary track with director Roger Corman. This is the theatrical cut; unfortunately, MGM was unable to locate director Roger
Corman's original ending for the film
The 2 that I'm most anxious to see are Psych-out & The Trip. I guess I'll wait till August to hopefully see The Haunted Palace, Burn, Witch, Burn, The Quatermass Xperiment or Blood on Satan's Claw.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure to really post now that we have two threads open on the subject. I am glad to see the Trip finally made it also. Im also glad they released a more diverse set. The last batch was all horror. The line needs more biker flicks and the AIP releases from the 60's and 70's

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am not suprised to see two horror titles this go around, but I am a bit depressed that we only get two of Mr. Price's titles this go around.

At least we have the second wave, and with it being closer to Halloween, maybe more horror will happen.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Great news for us fans of American International 60's fare. Most happy to see that Muscle Beach Party finally gets a release as it was the only beach party flick missing and with the release of the psychidelic The Trip and Psych Out, one hopes that Wild In The Streets won't be far behind.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
We know audio commentaries with Ingrid Pitt are done for VAMPIRE LOVERS and COUNTESS DRACULA, so those should follow around August 2003. Lots more to go, but I'm glad to see any of this stuff coming out!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
To Jay E:
I back you up 100% in your hope for The Haunted Palace, Burn, Witch, Burn, The Quatermass Xperiment, Blood on Satan's Claw. Great, great examples of 'big-gin smile' horror movies! :D I love Roger Corman's Poe films wholeheartedly, and spiffy DVD editions of the films you listed would be so far-out that I'd fall of the horizon! :laugh:
I love MGM. They just keep hittin' me with great, unexpected surprises! The Trip! Ha ha ha! Amazing! Psych-Out! "C'mon! Warren's freakin' out at the gallerty!" - priceless stuff.
Long may you run, Jay! :)
Gordy

Mark Hanson

Agent
Yes for muscle beach and ski party is fun too. It has the one great line for getting to know girls. Always did like to watch snow bunnies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks