Metallica box set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kristian Sorensen, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Kristian Sorensen

Has anybody bought the new Metallica box set (live binge...)? What audio options are there and how does it sound? I have the old VHS/CD set and love the Seattle show, it would be great to have it on DVD.

Kristian

2. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Don't know.. but everyone wants it -only- for the Seattle show. I can't imagine it being much better since it was taped a long time ago.

3. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

4. Scott-L

Scott-L Agent

Both videos seem cleaner than the VHS counterparts, but, are not going to be mistaken for new concert films shot for DVD. Audio is Dolby Digital 2.0 only. The audio does not seem to have been remastered.

The audio cd's defintely use the same mix as the previous release.

All in all, it would have been better if they simply offered the videos for sale separtely. However, still wouldn't have saved very much. The new box was on sale for $40 the first week it was out which works out to $20 a video. I probably would have paid that much for bootleg copies of these. It's just a shame that if they were going to re-relase this, that more work wasn't put into it.

5. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

I was so extremely disappointed with the sound on this release (re: the DVD's). With all the money that Elektra/Metallica have, they couldn't spring for new 5.1 mixes, or at the very least, remix the damn stereo tracks so they actually sounded good? Is that so much to ask?

The audio is such anemic, bass-less crap. The only good thing to say is that I am glad I let my friend buy it before I did.

6. HankM

HankM Second Unit

The Seattle show does rock

I got mine the day it came out for $40, I have the full box CD/VHS box but wanted this for the DVD's because I hate VHS.