What's new

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
I'm excited. No Rayden in the trailer is a good sign. Love the music, but the forest scene reminds me too much of Rambo 2.
Long live the mullet!

And does anyone knwo which character David Hayter played in X-men 1? I know he's a police officer, I just don't konw which one.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Love the music, but the forest scene reminds me too much of Rambo 2
It's actually a LOT like Metal Gear for NES. And David Hayter cowrote X-Men 2.

I saw the trailer from another source...hot damn. The graphics look amazing, the idea is amazing, and the fact that it's so different from what the other two games were is what makes it MORE amazing.

I'm interested in learning about the storyline, but the rest of the game seems to be there.

James T

Screenwriter
It's actually a LOT like Metal Gear for NES
Oh, I know the settings similar to the NES version because I played it. I always hated alerting those pesky dogs.

I think everyone wants to know what the basic story is. Snake really should have been dead shortly after the first MGS.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Snake really should have been dead shortly after the first MGS
Why? And I'm not asking this as a "fanboy who is insulted by your ignorance and disrespect," but as a curious fan.

I'm hoping that the story involves Snake going to Russia (the countdown clock on the website has a picture of Russia with the snake on it) and then at some point he goes somewhere else (like in MGS2). Wouldn't it be cool if he did some sneaky detective work in the US, found out that it was linked to the Russians from the first game, then went there? Or what if (if you hated Raiden, stop reading) the game switched between Raiden doing some detective work in the US as Snake investigates in Russia?

James T

Screenwriter
Maybe I missed something then. But I remember in the first MGS, Snake was injected with a timed virus, the same that Liquid was exposed to. At the end of the game, the virus catches up with Liquid. You can see throughout MGS2 that Snake seems winded a lot during his confrontation with Rayden.

Once again, maybe I missed something.

Also, he seems a little old since he retired after his first MG game. I can't remember exactly how many years it was, but I'm pretty sure plenty of time passed between MG1 and MGS2.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
the game switched between Raiden doing some detective work in the US as Snake investigates in Russia?
Sorry, but [rant]yuch[/rant]. Let's keep Raiden out of this one. ;) :D

My first Metal Gear experience was when I got the original Metal Gear for the NES, for Christmas. I actually still have the game. I love the jungle setting. I am so totally stoked that the game's setting is going back to the roots of the series.

~j

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I missed something then. But I remember in the first MGS, Snake was injected with a timed virus, the same that Liquid was exposed to. At the end of the game, the virus catches up with Liquid. You can see throughout MGS2 that Snake seems winded a lot during his confrontation with Rayden
He had a virus put in him that would kill off the people it infected. He was sent in to pretty much kill off the people there without knowing it. I'm not sure if they had some part of the virus and he had just the activating part, but the virus (forget what it was called) was what killed Decoy Octopus (as the DARPA chief) and Liquid Snake, among others. I think actually that they had the virus dormant in them and he activated it.

And yeah, he is getting old. Between Metal Gear for NES and MGS2 for PS2, there's a lot of years. But who cares?

I'm hoping MGS3 provides a more realistic plot than MGS2, making it possible for a good movie based on it in the future.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Snake Eater? Couldnt they be more creative?

Stupidest.. name.. ever.. :D

John Chow

Second Unit
Dunno if it's true, but I saw it mentioned on another forum that snake eater is a somewhat common term when referencing special ops groups (i.e. green berets)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It does sound hokey, but it could change.

Then again, we all thought it would be called MGS3: The Patriots up until yesterday.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
SOunds cool, but I will be waiting to read reviews of this MGS before I buy. Because if it is anything like the mess that was Metal Gear Solid 2, I will be staying far far away from it. I prefer to play my games more than watch my games. ;)

-Dean-

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Any word if the codec will use the same "beepy" sound? ;)

I think I'm conditioned to just throwing the controller after hearing that noise, because of the 10 Million times it went off during MGS2. (And it wouldn't have been that bad if you had just stayed on the Codec instead of someone calling, having the conversation, then taking a single step later the damn thing is going off again)...

JQ

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I can live with "Snake Eater" as long as they keep out the stupid 'little girl' stories that I had to drudge through on MGS2.

Raiden and Rose stories????

Speed Racer and Trixie were more interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks