What's new

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Trailer (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
kinda reminds me of James Bond instead of Metal Gear Solid.

I liked the first half of MGS2, but it seemed like the second half, Kojimo was smoking something. Even with the weird story, I still thought it was one of my favourite games. Hopefully this new one will live up to it. I'm still deciding if I should rent the PS2 w/MGS3, purchase both or just wait patiently for the Xbox port/PC port(assuming there is one)

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator
With the cave scene and the jungle. It reminds me of the Rambo films [except for the music], which is cool with me.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Metal Gear for NES reminded me of Rambo. This game is a lot like if MG was remade for PS2. Of course, I know that's not the case, but still, same gameplay and everything.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
This game is looking amazing. I too loved the gameplay of MGS 2, but boy did that storyline leave me with a headache. I like the idea of the series heading back to its roots. Thank goodness I kept my PS2 around!

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I thought the trailer looked great and I liked the jungle environments, but I'm severely annoyed with the direction they're taking the series. I think it's in poor taste to end a game with a cliffhanger, then make the sequel take place in an earlier time period. I showed it to my fiance, and her first comment was:

"So what the hell does this have to do with the Patriots?"

Definately one of the coolest trailers I've seen though, the style was hilarious. During the later segment, I half expected someone to chime in with "He's a bad motherf.......SHUT YOUR MOUTH..............SNAKE!!!". The song about eating a treefrog just screams Kojima as well.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
"Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaake Eeeeeeeaaaaaater!"

That was like a late '60s Bond flick opening. I can't wait for this game to come out! Every trailer makes it look better and better. I hope they can still get David Hayter to do Solid's voice, it just wouldn't be the same without him. It looks like this'll be a looooong game, but that's not a bad thing.

"Survive Survival!"

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
from the looks of the trailer, this almost looks like a prequel more than a seqeul. The back to the roots stuff, and the dates that flash up 1960 - 196? This may be an origin of Snake game. Fingers crossed.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Lots of people suspect that you play as Big Boss(hence the usage of a knife whch Snake apparently doesn't use, and the facial scar)That and the hints at a 1960's timeline seem to make quite a strong case for it.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Let's hope they use this graphics engine to remake the original Metal Gear (which I have never played).

Also, I don't know if it's because Raiden is such a crap character but by the time I finished MGS2 I didn't really care about The Patriots. When I finished MGS1 I was totally psyched about a sequel. Solidus seemed to be a pretty cool character but the rest of it all seemed to be too much nonsense. If they do try to continue the story I hope it gets a lot simpler. If I wanted a Tom Clancy novel I would just buy a book.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation is one of the most enjoyable games that I've ever played. I couldn't get into MGS II, it felt like they ruined it by adding too many bells and whistles. I hope they can keep this one simple as in a man stuck in the middle of a combat zone with his only tools being a knife, a radio, and a pack of cigarettes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This one is really complex and realistic, but in the opposite direction. You have to SURVIVE, that is, save rations, eat animals, hunt animals, drink good water, and such and such. Also, the way you avoid enemies is different because of the environment.

MGS:TTS for GameCube is being made using a version of the MGS2 engine. The engine was sort of ported to the GameCube and then applied, whereas the MGS3 engine is brand new.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Want to see the Snake Eater camo system in action with some gameplay footage?

Although the switching of camo and face-paint on the fly is not believable, I can live with the idea. Its not much different than carrying 20 weapons and switching them on the fly like many games allow.

This unique system will certainly add a new twist to the stealth genre.

Follw the link for the Konami Japan site with pictures and a downloadable clip at the bottom.

http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/m...amouflage.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks