What's new

Member's Only jacket (1 Viewer)

Walt N

Second Unit
I got my Members Only jacket back when they were cool, and I wore it on occasion until one of my friends openly laughed at it. :D I guess that's a little too long, shoulda read GQ or taken the hint when the group "Loverboy" stopped topping the charts.

Now the parachute pants... I knew they were ridiculous from the beginning. (yet I still wore them because for for about 15 minutes in history, chicks dug 'em)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I found a description on the Cheers episode - entitled "The Babe Box"
Sam said "Get me 'The Babe Box'." "Not the Babe Box!" cried the customers. Taking the box to his office, Sam opened his secret weapon for attracting women. The contents included the first edition of his "little black book," a Members Only jacket, a picture of Elvis and a special mixture of cologne (part Old Spice, part Hi Karate and something that takes spots out).

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had the Members Only jacket, Parachute pants, AND a pair of checkered slip on Vans shoes.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
But did you guys roll your pants or tuck them in your socks? Did you top off the look with a bandana? If not then your kung-fu is still no good. Come back when you have achieved this higher plane of existance.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, clearly i need to show just how cool i was. just a small listing of my ensemble...
  • MO jacket
  • checkered vans
  • levi 501's (with goody comb in rear pocket)
  • hair cut in "steps" in back
  • mr. zogg's sex wax t-shirt
  • guess jeans (rolled and tucked)
  • generra anyone???
  • eye liner (yep....don't ask....)
  • frankie say relax t-shirt
man, i loved high-school! :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Did you top off the look with a bandana?
If you mean the bandana around the ankle...then I have to sadly say "Yes" :D I also had a Van Halen and Def Leppard bandanna that I used as well as the classic red ones.

How about those shiny neon velcro wallets? I had a Van Halen as well.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
brent - that's too funny. i looked *for months* to try to find the pefect bomber jacket. i mean, i scoured the streets of LA. the only one i ever found was one worn by some chick in college...i almost offered to buy it from her!

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I had 3 or 4 MO jackets in different colors. All of my outfits had to be complementary at that time.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
In High School I couldn't afford all that so I only wore Van Halen tshirts and 501s. Now things are much different; I wear 501s and beer tshirts. (when not working)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hmm... I had an MO knock off (I think it was named Maserati or something like that) for many years. I also had a bomber jacket with flight patches all over it. :laugh:

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Tough Crowd with Colin Quin last night had a comedian asking Pat Cooper "Where do you get a Members Only jacket these days?"
Sure as shit he was wearing one

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I wore one for quite a while. A nice black MO jacket. I think I still have it in the closet.

My worst 80's gear were black fake leather pants. Man, those things were hot. I couldn't get one leg into them now.

Don't forget about the white painters pants, with the pocket on the pants leg for your goochy comb. I lived in those things in high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks