What's new

Member's Only jacket (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
All this talk about mullets and goatees....I think it's time for the Member's Only jacket to make a comeback.

What do you think? And no, that jacket is not mine; I never had one.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Vintage gear rules. The Atari T-shirts made a comeback a couple of years ago. I had a black Members Only jacket when I was in third grade, but I doubt it still fits. ;)

Personally, I'm waiting for a Kangaroos resurgence. Shoelaces suck.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Ok, maybe I was too young and ignorant back then (I'm 27, so I'm sure I was around when these things were in style), but would someone mind explaining this one too me? :b

Moe.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

You make fun of something of which you are ignorant? I think you need to wear one for a year before you can champion this cause.:D

I however DID own more than one MO jacket. In fact, this is how lame I was: I even owned MO knockoffs.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Hunter,

I had the knockoffs myself. I remember one jacket being "Porsche Design" or something like that....

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Ok I'm growing a goatee and mullet, getting one earing and busting out with a leather Members Only jacket!

Man I will be so excrutiatingly cool people shall puke in my wake!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
not only did i have the MO jacket, i also had the parachute pants to complete the look. top that...

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
There is a guy at work, in the 40+ age range, who wears a Member's Only jacket. When questioned about his choice of outerwear, he said that he hates shopping, so 20 years or so ago, he bought 10 of them, figuring that he wouldn't have to go shopping for outerwear for at least 2 or 3 decades.

Imagine the gold mine of vintage stuff this guy must be sitting on. A pristine Member's Only jacket, never been worn, must fetch a pretty penny on eBay.

This guy also does not know the "please wear a t-shirt under your threadbare white dress shirt rule."

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Matt Houston was so cool. And he was rich, and fought crime. If that's not enough reason to want a Members Only jacket, I don't know what is.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
[thread hijack] Jeez, try talking about something that's actually old! I had a couple of these when I was in grade school.

Mine were orange. [/thread hijack]

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Gotta love the Members Only jackets. If you wanna see the jacket in action, get the Cheers DVD's...Sam Malone wears them :D

I think in a later season, he goes through some dating ritual where he cracks open his "Dating" kit that contains collogne, and (of course) his Members Only Jacket.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
My dad still wears them! They're still very popular in my corner of the world. He has a collection with just about every model they've had from the early 80s up till now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks