What's new

Medium - season 6 (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That'd be my guess, too, Neil. But, I would not be surprised to see the Alan Hahn character (Greg Germann) resurface at some point. He seemed visibly affected by the misfortune his interaction with Ariel brought about, particularly, after his wife said she wanted to be involved in the support of his (supposed) illegitimate daughter. I'm not saying he'll try to correct it, since that would not be the Medium style. However, I can see a scenario where they bring him back and he interacts with Allison (and/or Ariel) regarding something else and in the process makes some sort of amends.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A quite different sort of episode. A nice change of pace spotlighting Ariel unstuck in time.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hooray! EW and other sites are now confirming Medium has been renewed for a seventh season. Looks like CBS did some major housecleaning, though. There is a lot of speculation that CBS will move The Good Wife to Friday and pair it with Medium. Since I'm a fan of both, that is A-okay by me.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Check out the press release AT

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/05/19/cbs-announces-2010-2011-primetime-schedule/20100519cbs01/

One big shocker is Friday nights:

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM (NT)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS (N)

Medium will lead off the night! That is a surprise. I don't know whether that is good news or not. Of course it is better than being canceled.

Of course I just saw a timeslot comparison and realize that there are now three (and maybe 4 depending on when Friday Night Lights starts next season) shows Friday night at 8 PM that I'm interested in. (The other two are Human Target and Smallville.)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
After seeing the CBS promo of Blue Bloods, I think CBS is might smash the perception that Friday night is the road from purgatory to oblivion.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Fairly interesting episode, but not up to the level of the past three or four, IMO. I guess the final scene could've served as a series finale, but I'm glad it doesn't have to. I have to say I'm a bit concerned about the new 8 o'clock time slot since Medium has always dealt with adult themes. I wonder how much scripts will have to be "toned down" for the family hour and what kind of effect it will have on viewership...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Is there really a "family hour" these days?

I agree that the episode itself had the double purpose of possibly being a series finale as well. I'm glad it will be back. It was a pretty powerful lesson to Allison about letting go.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by NeilO

Is there really a "family hour" these days?
Yeah, you may have something there. I think the only difference between 8-9 p.m. and the rest of the night for at least one network (NBC) is that they don't run scripted series in that hour anymore...

Terencey

Grip
Real Name
Terence
This show is great. The main character is very believable as an ordinary housewife with an extraordinary gift.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by NeilO

Check out the press release AT

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/05/19/cbs-announces-2010-2011-primetime-schedule/20100519cbs01/

One big shocker is Friday nights:

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM (NT)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS (N)

Medium will lead off the night! That is a surprise. I don't know whether that is good news or not. Of course it is better than being canceled.

Of course I just saw a timeslot comparison and realize that there are now three (and maybe 4 depending on when Friday Night Lights starts next season) shows Friday night at 8 PM that I'm interested in. (The other two are Human Target and Smallville.)

Well, since nobody started a Season 7 thread that I could find, I throw in here.

The Friday night move seemed to have had it's own Medium moment and now the show is toast -- who could have guessed.

The final season had it wonderful moments as usual and the writers just couldn't stand to let Joe and Allison have their mortal lives arranged perfectly -- when everything

seems to finally perfect for them they throw another grenade on the pile and blow it up. Overall I still liked the final conclusion of the finale and the TV's worlds best

couple get do at least get to be happily together in the end to the end.

This show and this couple will be dearly missed.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Norman

The final season had it wonderful moments as usual and the writers just couldn't stand to let Joe and Allison have their mortal lives arranged perfectly -- when everything

seems to finally perfect for them they throw another grenade on the pile and blow it up. Overall I still liked the final conclusion of the finale and the TV's worlds best

couple get do at least get to be happily together in the end to the end.

This show and this couple will be dearly missed.
I was quite shocked by the events of the episode. They very end of the story was quite touching. It was also lots of fun seeing the actors age and say goodbye to us. I will miss the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks