What's new

Media Servers Streaming Mp3 and Jpg (1 Viewer)

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
What is everyone using for Media Servers? I don't see any part of the forum regarding Media Servers. We are getting more and more clients that wish to stream their Stored MP3 and JPG files on their network to their home theater or whole house systems.

I've been using an old HP Server for years now.. I found a simular unit that best buy is selling...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ref=25&loc=MSY

What is everyone else using these days?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Another option altogether is to purchase a Network Reciever such as the Yamaha RX-N600. :)

"Using a local area network (LAN) connection and Windows Media Connect technology ver.2 or better, Yamaha Network enabled receivers allow you to play MP3, WMA and WAV music from up to four (4) PC’s. The receiver can even be used as a client for Yamaha’s MusicCAST home music server, seamlessly integrating with the MCX-2000 digital audio server within your LAN. The Network Receiver also provides the ability to listen to any of the thousands of stations available on Internet radio when connected to a broadband Internet connection. By using the included MP3 vTuner data service that is enabled, looking for content on the Internet couldn’t be easier, from your favorite Rock, Pop, or R&B to Podcasts that cater to your music interests. With a USB terminal on the front panel you now have a convenient way to play music from USB flash drives and portable USB music players. Yamaha Network Receivers get you connected to the vast music content available anywhere on your LAN and on the web."

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Looks great for Music files... now for the JPG and other Image files.

Still need something like the One I posted above to stream images also.

Has anyone installed the Yamaha Receiver that Alon Mentioned? Any Issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks