McDonald's Monopoly

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John Berggren, Oct 19, 2003.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I've often wonderred if real people ever win these games, so I thought I'd start a thread regarding it.

If you've won anything better than a few best buy bucks or cheeseburgers, post away. I'm also interested in getting a complete list of chase pieces.
    EDIT: Chase List is complete Thanks to Craig S, Bill Slack

CHASE PIECES

Boardwalk
    Kentucky
    Mediterranean
    Pennsylvania
    Short Line
    Tennessee
    Ventnor
    Vermont
    Virginia

Participate if you've won anything substantial this year or any other year. ($50 Best Buy cert would count).

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor

3. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

4. Tony_P

Tony_P Stunt Coordinator

Craig,

McDonald's definitely re-ran that promotion during the 1984 Summer Olympics. And since that was the olympics when the Soviet Union and their block boycotted, the US completely dominated and won medals in most all the events. I think McD's did take a major bath on that one.

5. Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman Supporting Actor

The McDonalds in my town gave away a 10,000 dollar winner a few years ago. This was when they had problems about the Monopoly game being rigged. So to right the wrong, they walked into our McDonalds and picked someone sitting down enjoying a nice lunch. They just walked up and said, you just won 10,000 dollars.
    For me, I have only won a few Breakfast sandwiches.[​IMG]
    I'm still happy

6. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

I think most people would be happy just winning a free sandwich or something because we all don't go crazy and buy 100 large french fries to get all the tickets, it's not like the lottery =) i've won 5 dollars and it went back to them =)

7. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I currently have 10.00 in best buy bucks (10- 1.00 tix)

save up a 100 and go buy some movies...lol

8. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    All I've ever won was a coke. I'm better at Twist-A-Pepper. I can win at least half the time. [​IMG]

9. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

10. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

The biggest prize I've ever won in a McDonald's giveaway are the two extra value meals I've won in this current Monopoly game. Oh, and the $7 in Best Buy bucks I've accrued so far.

The most I've ever won came about 10-12 years ago in another Monopoly game. This was back when the game pieces weren't attached to your drink, fries, etc. It was toward the end of the game, and one of the local McDonald's had been rather stingy in handing out their game pieces. As a result, they had a ton left, and there was only a week or so left on the promotion. Me and a friend went through and the cashier asked if we wanted some of their leftover game pieces. We said "sure", and she handed us a huge stack of them, 200-300 total. We won a ton of free sandwiches, drinks and fries, and gorged ourselves on McDonald's for the next week until they expired.

The same friend, either the year before or the year after, went in and asked for a free gamepiece. The sign they had in the store said "No Purchase Necessary", but didn't stipulate that you needed to send in a SASE to get it. The cashier refused, and was very rude to him about it. He complained to the manager, and the manager was just as rude. He then asked for the regional manager's phone number. The manager quickly changed his tune, and said he'd give my friend a big stack of game pieces if he promised not to call, or ask for anymore free. He agreed, and got a similarly sized stack to the one above. He didn't win anything big, but he treated everyone to McDonald's for the next couple weeks.

11. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

12. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

What gets you the game pieces? A full value meal, or just like a large fries?

I've collected about 6 Best Buy bucks (thanks to some friends who clearly don't understand that a few free dollars certainly add up when you're staring at the new Indy DVD set) and I wanna get some more. [​IMG]

13. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Large & super-size fries both come with two Monopoly game pieces, and one Best Buy piece. You don't have to buy the meal - you can just get the fries.

Large drinks also come with two Monopoly game pieces, but do NOT have the Best Buy pieces on them.

14. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    So you can combine the Best Buy dollars and use them all on a single purchase?

15. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Yes. It states precisely that on the game rules. And they're good at BestBuy.com as well as the B&M store.