McClintock! on DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by EdHoch, Jun 8, 2005.

1. EdHoch

EdHoch Stunt Coordinator

Ed Hochstatter
    Last Fall there was a news item on The Digital Bits website indicating that the John Wayne classic McLintock! had been rescued from public domain purgatory and that a collector's edition would be available on DVD this spring / summer. I haven't seen anything on it since, and the Bits is very difficult to search through if you are looking for news on a particular title.

Anybody know anything about this? (Or a way to better search the bits?)

Thanks!

Edit - Here's the bit from the bits last Fall:

10/18/04

Industry sources have slipped us some interesting information, revealing a few interesting titles that Paramount is considering for re-release as Special Collector's Editions in 2005. This information is extremely tentative, but you might keep your eyes peeled for new SCEs of Face Off, Airplane, McLintock!, Hondo, The Truman Show, Braveheart, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and maybe... just maybe... Titanic, among other titles, by the end of next year. Presumably, those films released previously on DVD in non-anamorphic widescreen will receive new HD anamorphic transfers.

2. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

I'm sure Paramount will release this along with HONDO before years end.

3. jim_falconer

jim_falconer Supporting Actor

I'm REALLY hoping that Paramount releases 'The Quiet Man' soon as well!

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

As I recall, Quiet Man is part of the Republic Pictures library, which is still with the former Artisan/Lion's Gate till later this year. So I wouldn't look for a fixed version of that (which is sorely, sorely needed) till mid-2006 at the earliest. Hopefully the decent extras that Artisan put on its last release can be used by Paramount.