What's new

MCACC setup on Pioneer Elite receiver (1 Viewer)

bgnreau

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
Hello,

I was setting up my speakers through the MCACC option on my receiver and when it had gone through all the initial steps it told me that I have my back surrounds possibly out of phase. Now, I have a 5.1 setup but I am bi-amping my fronts, so I don't have back surrounds. Would that be the reason for the "error" message? After rechecking the wiring I am phased okay. I went through the rest of the set up and everything sounds okay, any ideas??

Thanks,

Bruce

27dnast

Agent
Real Name
Todd
my new pioneer gave me a similar error message (and it turned out to be correct)... but it noted on the MCACC screen that if I check and there was no phase error in hook-up to proceed and ignore the warning.

ta

Jidonsu

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
When you set up your speakers in the menu, did you make sure to choose "Bi-Amping" as the option under Back Surrounds. You have the option to choose Large, Small, No Speakers, or Bi-amping, or something to that effect. Good luck.

bgnreau

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
Originally Posted by Jidonsu

When you set up your speakers in the menu, did you make sure to choose "Bi-Amping" as the option under Back Surrounds. You have the option to choose Large, Small, No Speakers, or Bi-amping, or something to that effect. Good luck.

Hi,

No, I didn't notice that option. I will try again and pay more attention. Will the bi-amping feature change my fronts to small as other members have recommended or do I disregard that since I am bi-amping? Can I do both bi-amping and small? Thanks!

bgnreau

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
Originally Posted by Jidonsu

Hi Jidonsu,

I went in an manually changed the settings. They did indeed have bi-amping as an option and also small for the fronts with 80Hz crossover. Thanks for the advice as the receiver now sets up under "digital" and takes care of all the options proceeding from the TV receiver's(direct tv) signal. Sound is amazing! Great answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks