What's new

Maxim magazine (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Sigh. Free sub is for US residents only.

Ah well... guess I have to use that "Internet" thing for my air-brushed women. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I only bought one Maxim because Jessica Alba was in it. I tried reading the content but it was all just too stupid. Many may think it's harmless fun but I felt my IQ lowering with every sentence I finished. Feels like it's written in a locker room/Frat house, which may suit some, but be honest it's the pictures your after!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: on the material

:emoji_thumbsup: on the women

btw- did you guys see this month's Maxim with Michelle Branch? WTF is going on!? I thought she was the anti-Britany Spears. :frowning:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I personally don't even like most of the pics.
I remember buying one once because Jeri Ryan was on the cover and there were like three pics and she was covered with a huge pillow or something. And, yes, the "articles" were moronic.

I'm still a Playboy man, myself.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Though people tell me they're basically interchangeable, of the few issues I've read of "Maxim," I prefer its offspring "Stuff."

For some reason, I really like the tone of "Stuff"--feels like "Maxim"'s sarcastic, smartass younger brother. Also, since "Stuff" tends to attract B-level celebs and up-and-coming actresses, their interviews tend to be more loose and revealing (sometimes more than I want to know).

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Brian, you da man!
thanks for the links..

What happens after the two years are up? Do you continue getting them with a bill?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

You didn't guess before you read a single word that it would be dumb? I mean really, stuff like this is never well written. Its supposed to be a time waster, not an award winning piece of literature.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It's good if you do not read newsweek and time. I used to read both, but quickly found out that the more well versed I got in what was going on in the world, the more I found myself getting in discussions about it. Then I realized that politics is the number one argument starter, right behind religion. So I stopped talking about it and stop reading about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks