Maxim magazine

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Danny Tse, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Do you guys, and gals, read this magazine?

I have seen it on the newsstand, and on occasion, flipped through the pages. Just not my cup of tea....OK, some of it is fine [​IMG]

2. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

My roomate has a pile of these in his room and are great bathroom reading material.

I love the mag [​IMG]

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I have it coz i got a free sub to it... Good stuff, probably wouldn't pay for a sub... I'd just take a gander at the school bookstore [​IMG]

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Aside from the T&A it has pretty good content for guys ~15 to 30. If you get a free sub (which is not hard to do at all), it's a no-brainer.

5. Michael Toguchi

Michael Toguchi Stunt Coordinator

I have a subscription to the magazine, and have had it for years. I used to LOVE reading it when it got in, but the quality of the 'articles' has gone down a tad over time. I guess they are running out of stuff to write about or my tastes are changing. I casually browse through it when it comes in the mail, but it isn't anything I look forward to getting anymore.

6. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Michael, it's a good one year subscription. After that they just rewrite "how to get in a girls pants without a relationship" over and over about 12 more times. Switch to another one after a while.

7. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I like the magazine pretty well. I did like it more a few years ago and I think it's gone downhill recently. I like it cause it's sorta the Cosmo for guys and a refreshing break from all the girly stuff out there.

8. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    The photo layouts for various young starlets are very nice, but the text content of the magazine, is just a notch below moronic. Subscriptions are pretty damn cheap to these mags (ditto Stuff & FHM). So if you like the pics, it's well worth $12 or less for a subscription.

9. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Intelligent writing? No, but some pretty funny shit and great pictorials. And some good stories to boot although I'm not sure of the credibility.

Oddly enough, Playboy has some great articles.

You can stop laughing now. I'm not joking. [​IMG]

BTW, Lauren Anderson issue is my favorite. [​IMG]

10. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I only get it b/c it was free and I only read it for the pictures (girls, toys, whatever) and the jokes.

The articles really aren't worth the time. If you wait, you can usually pickup free subs to Maxim, Details, Stuff, and FHM. Who pays for this stuff? [​IMG]

11. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I've got a free subscription that lasts till 2012, Stuff till 2015, and FHM till 2005 [​IMG] Hey its free so who cares.

12. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

How do you get free subs to these things? I've never seen that.

13. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
  14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

It's true, it works! [​IMG]

15. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I've got free subscriptions to Maxim, Stuff and FHM. Out of those 3, I like Maxim the best. As others have said, I think the stories were better a couple of years ago but there's still some decent articles.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Y'all actually read the articles?

17. Sebastian

Sebastian Second Unit

Too much air brushing for me. gives real women a bad name.

18. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

I started reading Maxim with their first issue. After about 12 issues or so, I had had enough. Ya the pics are great, and there is a ton of funny shit throughout the mags, but it gets old. After a while it all just starts sounding the same, and I'm always thinking to myself, "haven't I read this before?".

If I'm going on a road trip, or a plane trip, I'll normally pick one up. Those are about the only times I'll read the magazine nowadays.

I got held up for about 25 minutes trying to enter Cuba on my last vacation. I had an issue of Maxim in my carry-on bag. The military person (don't know if they actually were military, they dressed like it though) who searches your bags when you are entering Cuba decided to look through every page of the magazine, and then called a bunch of his friends over to look as well. They seemed to take a liking to the scantly clad girls pictured inside. [​IMG]

19. MattBu

MattBu Stunt Coordinator

I find the magazine a total rip. I dislike the airbrushing too, but only because they are airbrushing out the good stuff on the see through lingerie!

20. Andre Barros

Andre Barros Stunt Coordinator

Never really cared for the articles but the photos are usually very well done. Only have a mild interrest in it because they sponsor a Paintball team and throw some nice parties at some tournaments. I thik I'll start a thread on paintball by the way...