What's new

Matrix Reloaded--Official DVD thread. Post all comments here. (2 Viewers)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I'm curious to hear the soundmix myself. Theatrically, it had some nice LFE in both Dolby and DTS, and in a wide range of our auditoriums. Overall though, the mix was not nearly as good as it could have been. It just seemed "weak". Nice use of surrounds and direction, but punches and gunshots just seemed to lack "oomph". I was dissapointed this summer, and it sounds as if I might be again. Now X2 on the other hand....:D

AJG

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

Is this the screen that you're talking about?

Just kidding. I don't think that the Wach. Bros. were indicating that Bush is a direct equivalent to Hitler. Even though I understand that most people believe that this is a slight towards Bush, I believe that it is more of a damning indictment of the last eleven Presidents of the United States (from Truman to the present).

Critics of Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, and Clinton have all evoked comparisons to Hitler (or other ruthless dictatorial regimes). Here in the US, most of these comparisons are made by partisan commentators in a blaze of hyperbole that is fortunately ignored by the country at large. In other parts of the world, these comparisons are made in the context of US foreign policy by people who believe that the US is only interested in exploiting the world's resources for its own wealth and security. (Much like the humans would prefer to exploit the machines, without having to acknowledge the social concerns of the machines in The First Renaissance.)

I don't feel like arguing about the merits of foreign criticism, but I think that we can all agree that the President of the United States, Leader of the Free World, is a powerful symbol that can be used to represent both the best and the worst of this great nation. I'll admit that this could have been a little dig towards Bush and the invasion of Iraq. But I would prefer to think that this would've been a picture of Clinton if this film had been created in 1999. (Of course, none of us want to contemplate what this scene may have looked like if Gore had won the election.) Perhaps it is extremists politics, coupled with the power of the office of the President of the United States, that leads to the devestation of life (as represented by the exploding nuclear device that is seen on the monitors with the pictures of Hitler and Bush) and that is the connection that the Wach. Bros. were trying to make.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
FYI, Political discussions are forbidden here at the HTF.

Just a heads up if you wonder where your post went (or is going).;)

David Judah

Screenwriter
I'm suprised that some were disappointed with the soundtrack. It does seem to be recorded on the low side, but that is easily corrected by cranking up the volume a bit. I found it to be very immersive and dynamic without being overblown. It served the action well, IMO.

DJ

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I hope that my post didn't cross any lines here. I just wanted to make the point that the scene in Reloaded may not be a political dig at Bush, but possibly at the office of the President of the United States. I really hope that there wasn't any perceived sense of partisanship in my post, because I did not intend to offend anyone.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I also found the audio on the low side and had to turn it up a little. I was thinking, near the end, that the next time I watch it I will turn it up further and just then when that ship comes to pick up Neo and the others, the sound was over the top! If I do turn it up further next time, I'll have to turn it down for that one scene.

Jerry Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
It may depend on your theater too. My brother told me that it seemed low too in his, but in my theater (All ML Ascent's front & rear, Cinema center, B&K amps X5, 2 monster AVS 2000's) it was excellent! I'd say about the same level as M1, but a better mix.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was impressed with both the Video and Audio. Regarding the audio, I usually listen to most DVD's a few dB below reference but when I played this disc I listened to it at reference and it sounded great.

The fight in the Chateau is still my favorite action sequence from the entire film. But I love the music in the first fight against the Agents, I think the chapter stop refers to it as "Upgrades".

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i liked the sound too, but i find that the music is almost exclusively in the front channels. when compared to discs like the LOTR movies, or Austin Powers in Goldmember, it makes for a less immersive environment. this could be a New Line thing though

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Could someone please tell me what point of the film has the deepest and loudest bass? It sounds as if it may be when the whole floor of that building that Trinity is inside explodes, but I'm not sure.

I like to know ahead of time so I can set my subwoofer (JBL PSWD115) accordingly. That way I hopefully won't blow it on what will definitely be a bass-filled movie... :D

Thanks everyone!

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
But I love the music in the first fight against the Agents, I think the chapter stop refers to it as "Upgrades".
the song is called Session, it's by linkin park, and it's on the soundtrack Cd as well as their new album, Meteora, the rest of which is mediocre.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Ahh, I just admitted to liking some Linkin Park. ;)

I bought the Reloaded CD but only ever listened to the disc with the cues in the film.

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
That's OK Nick, Lot's of LP fan's around these parts. And why wouldn't there be..........
the song is called Session, it's by linkin park, and it's on the soundtrack Cd as well as their new album, Meteora, the rest of which is mediocre.
What about "don't Stay and "lying" (good stuff) I am big fan of Hybrid and Meteoria :)

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
no offense to LP fans, they are catchy, it's just that particular style sounds over-produced to me, and they use the same lyrics over and over. for instance, they are always using the analogy of bleeding wounds to represent psychic or emotional trauma.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I picked up my copy @ Walmart tonight for $14.99. What was funny is that a Walmart person behind us yelled out that we were all fools because over the weekend it would be $9.99, and we should all wait. *shrug* it didn't stop anyone from buying, and other walmart employees just shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks