What's new

Man of La Mancha coming (1 Viewer)

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
i read an article this morning about the Shout line of releases related to Broadway and they announced that "Man of La Mancha" would be an April 2017 release. Details beyond that were non existent.
I know a few members of the forum have mentioned this film favourably; I am looking forward to it as it is a show I have always loved. I have watched the film multiple times since it's cinema release and look forward to a (hopefully) excellent Blu.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought this might be about Terry Gilliam's movie finally being made.
Is this something else, not much detail in the 1st post or just simply a version of La Mancha I'm not aware of.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought this might be about Terry Gilliam's movie finally being made.
Is this something else, not much detail in the 1st post or just simply a version of La Mancha I'm not aware of.
I did a search on Shout Broadway, and it mentions this as the 1972 film - which would mean it is the Peter O'Toole / Sophia Loren / James Coco version

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Two things. You've started two threads about this and I think you're referring to a possible blu-ray of of a previous film, not a new theatrical release. This really belongs in the blu ray forum.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
!!! I always loved this musical and had memorized the score and seen a road show production by the time it opened in movie theatres.
Imagine my surprise when I and the 3 other people in the theatre saw that they had cast a musical film exclusively with actors that could not sing a note!! I don't remember James Coco, Sophia Loren or Peter O'Tool performing any recitals!
I found this a terrible depressing film which richly deserved its flopperoo status in every way. If ever a movie deserves to be attacked by vinegar syndrome this is it. Take me to the camera negative, I'll bring the vinegar!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
!!! I always loved this musical and had memorized the score and seen a road show production by the time it opened in movie theatres.
Imagine my surprise when I and the 3 other people in the theatre saw that they had cast a musical film exclusively with actors that could not sing a note!! I don't remember James Coco, Sophia Loren or Peter O'Tool performing any recitals!
I found this a terrible depressing film which richly deserved its flopperoo status in every way. If ever a movie deserves to be attacked by vinegar syndrome this is it. Take me to the camera negative, I'll bring the vinegar!
I also think of Camelot this way, though it's not quite as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks