What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
When talking about Universal’s science fiction films of the 1950’s, the name of director Jack Arnold gets frequently mentioned. However, Arnold was known for dabbling in other genres as well, like comedies and westerns. A notable example in the latter is Man in the Shadow, which does have some tinges of film noir mixed in. Universal previously released the movie on both DVD and MOD, but Kino has licensed the film of its Blu-ray debut.

Man in the Shadow (1957)

Released: 22 Jan 1958
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 80 min

Director: Jack Arnold
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Thriller, Western

Cast: Jeff Chandler, Orson Welles, Colleen Miller, Ben Alexander
Writer(s): Gene L. Coon

Plot: Virgil Renchler owns most of the town providing a thriving economy. When his men go too far and kill one of his migrant workmen, the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is that film score 1 out of 5 a mistake as I always thought this was a pretty good movie? By the way, I need to watch my Blu-ray.:blush:

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Colleen Miller Ralphs has been a dear friend for over 20 years, and I've always wished she'd stuck with acting. "How could you turn down a Douglas Sirk film?" I'd holler, and she'd just smile and reply, "What can I say? I was in love." We screened SHADOW at the American Cinematheque some years ago, and during our Q&A I jokingly asked if Chandler had ever asked to try on her dresses. After the laughter died down, she just looked at me and deadpanned, "You're silly." (What can I say? She's right.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks