What's new

Main Bass Problem (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
im gettin a subwoofer on christmas, until then i got my bass settings up to +10 and have it set to come out of mains and im using my Athena AS-F2s as subs, to boomy for my tastes but ehhh what are yah gonna do, i wanted to know if it is normal for the speaker to rattle...well it doesnt rattle it just makes a rattling sound when there's a low frequency sound, not all the time just certain notes, sounds sorta like the noise my tv makes when my center speaker shakes it to much and it makes a wierd rattle noise, anywho i do give these speakers a work out (saving private ryan, the matrix etc) and im wondering if this noise is normal or if maybe one lovely afternoon it had to do more then it wanted and ever since then i messed it up. I have noticed if i turn it up to much (not to demanding of a level in my opinion) the sub just....stops makint he noise or something, like in the matrix reloaded where he goes down and shoots up into the sky, those ripples in the matrix make a huge noise when they go out of slow motion, well sometimes my sub will make the noise like its getting lower.....and lower......and lower like eeeeeuuuuuuuoooooooooooooooooo and then nothing....until after he goes up into the air like it just turns off cause it cant handle it or as i call it "bottoming out" not sure if thats what its called i just prefer that word usage.

im a tad concerned, i feel guilty makin them dish bass out for 3 hours straight.

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Push the speakers down gently with your hand and listen for a scraping or scratching noise. if it makes such a noise... its bad.

Since im a newb thats all i can tell ya safely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks