What's new
World Wide Stereo

Madrigal re-org (1 Viewer)

Eric_Strickl

Stunt Coordinator
About a month ago I bought a revel b15 and some revel m20s. The setup was awesome but the speakers were demos and I found some defects on them. I took them back and took home a demo pair of revel f30s. I instantly was blown away at how amazing they sounded so I ordered a pair. My local audio store called me the next day and said that revel could no longer be reached!! They ended up finding out that madrigal had laid off a good portion of their staff and moved to another state (offices only)!! This was over a week ago and they still cant even order speakers. The owner of the store I shop at is good pals with Kevin Voeks so he attempted to get in contact with him. All signs pointed to Kevin no longer being employed by revel. My audio pusher finally did get a hold of him but ordering revel speakers is still not possible!!! Does anyone have any information regarding this??? I sold all of my speakers to get my f30s, cables and an amp, so now I have an amp and cables! The shop last night let me borrow some paradigm mini monitors to hold me over. Listening to the mini monitors is like listening to the f30s after being punched in the ear by mike Tyson. I am in audio hell at the moment.

728x90

Steve_D

Second Unit
If you really want them, why not look at the mint used market, like maybe audiogon? You may even find some other Revel dealers with them in stock. Of course, replacement parts may be difficult to find, Madrigral came though for me when my Citation sub blew a crossover.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
I just got off the phone with Revel. Here's the deal according to the horse's mouth. They are in the process of moving the Madrigal operation to Bedford Mass from Middletown Connecticut. The Madrigal operation is being combined into Harman Specialty Group with HQ's in Bedford. Lexicon, Revel, ML and Proceed will now be fulfilled out of Bedford. The transition is not complete: hence, the frustration on the part of dealers (and customers) since orders are not being entered or fulfilled. This should be rectified shortly.

See the article here:

http://www.stereophile.com/shownews.cgi?1682

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jw_Malibu
Recent bookmarks